PDA

View Full Version : The Garden Grill

mizzoumouse
09-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Hi Everyone, we just found out that another family will be joining us for our trip in November. We had our ADRs set up, but are now changing some since our friends have never been and they have 3 kids 6,5, and 1 (will be turning 2 on the trip). We can not get into Chef Mickeys until after 9:00 any night we are there, so we have booked Dinner the night of his birthday at the Garden Grill in The Land. Can anyone that has eaten there please let me know what you think of it! I think the kids will have fun b/c of the characters, but what about the food??
Thanks

emmingo
09-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Food's pretty good and not terribly exotic, even though, I believe, all of it is organic. The wine selections are spectacular!

pogo
09-20-2007, 10:40 PM
We had dinner there this past April and we were really impressed with the food. :thumbsup: You can check out the menu http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/gardengrill.asp

We loved seeing the characters when they visited our table. I'm sure you made a wise choice. Enjoy ! :D

tiaramom
09-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Help with Graden Grill!!
I read off another site that the updated menu features chicken instead of pork.
Is this true?
I really need to know if the pork still stands on the menu - I will ahve to change locations for dining .
UH OH!
anyone know the the new menu as of today?
Anyone just there?

DisneyBunch
09-21-2007, 01:18 AM
We were a party of eight, including five kids (14,13,11,10,8) and celebrated a B-Day in Garden Grill and Chef Mickey's on the same trip. Suprisingly, GG was a far superior experience to CM. At CM, our birthday girl received a decorated cupcake and was sung "Happy B-Day" with everyone else in the restaurant celebrating a B-Day, all at the same time. The four other kids got to watch the birthday girl eat her muffin. At GG, we received a full sized cake (not huge, but more than enough for everyone in our party), and our birthday girl was sung "Happy B-Day" by Chip and Dale at our table. I liked the food at both; other family members preferred GG.

Natazu
09-21-2007, 02:55 AM
It's one of my favorite lunch spots. Good down-on-the-farm food and they let you get all the kid menu stuff even if you don't have kids. The character interaction is good, too.

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Help with Graden Grill!!
I read off another site that the updated menu features chicken instead of pork.
Is this true?
I really need to know if the pork still stands on the menu - I will ahve to change locations for dining .
UH OH!
anyone know the the new menu as of today?
Anyone just there?

The Garden Grill has never had chicken OR pork... lol.
The menu, unless it has changed is...
Strip steak
Catfish
Turkey
Potatoes
Stuffing/Filling
Vegetables
Rolls

IMO, it is quite good, we make it a must on every trip... It is true that many things on the menu are grown right in the land, and the characters look really cute in their farmer gear...

Happy Dining! :mickey:

DDuck66
09-21-2007, 10:00 AM
I think you will be very happy with your choice. The seating is arranged in sections so you will have plenty of room and it is served family style so you do not have to move. It is one of our faves and the food is quite good. I love it when you get the Mickey Shaped Cucumbers in your salad. They are also very good about picky eaters and will bring you just about anything. My DW is borderline diabetic and they made her a special dessert with fruit, sugar free cream, and sugar free sponge cake. It was better than my dessert.
:chipdale::chipdale::chipdale:

Jared
09-21-2007, 10:20 AM
The Garden Grill has never had chicken OR pork...
I think this information is correct. According to a menu dated August 2007, the current selections include:

Buttermilk biscuits with honey-orange blossom butter
Flank steak
Rotisserie turkey
Fried catfish
Potato casserole
Fresh vegetables
Berry puff pastry

:tasty:

KylesMom
09-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Garden Grill is one of our must-dos each vacation. The characters and waite staff are wonderful, and the food has always been flavorful and moist. DS was given his choice of the kids menu or the adult menu this past June, and he chose the adult menu for the same kids price (he was more in the mood for steak & potatoes than macaroni and chicken fingers that day). We have never had bad food or service at this TS restaurant - although we did skip it when they changed the menu a few years ago. We're so glad they changed it back!

The characters are more personable here than most other places, and there's the added bonus of the rotating restaurant, which the kids will love.

Enjoy! :thumbsup::mickey:

murphy1
09-21-2007, 11:06 AM
This is now in our top five, love this place!! My kids especially and the turntable floor is neat, you don't notice you're moving and then you're near the ride! The food is great. Our server Shannon was great, we took pics with her and the girls and told her we'd come back and visit, so hoping to see her again in October. We really enjoy eating here and going to Soarin', very relaxing! The character interaction is great, too.

murphy1
09-21-2007, 11:09 AM
It's one of my favorite lunch spots. Good down-on-the-farm food and they let you get all the kid menu stuff even if you don't have kids. The character interaction is good, too.

Jym, were you acting up again, so they brought you the kid food:clown: I could just see you and Pogo with those characters and the kid's meals!

magicman
09-21-2007, 11:09 AM
I think the character interaction at the Garden Grill is simply the best. The set-up is most conducive to small group interaction.

I found the food there good; however, it would depend on your tastes. It's what I consider to be "good ol' southern style cookin'".:cap:

Natazu
09-22-2007, 04:47 AM
Jym, were you acting up again, so they brought you the kid food:clown: I could just see you and Pogo with those characters and the kid's meals!

I had to bang my fork and spoon (they wouldn't give me a knife) on the counter.

LudwigVonDrake
09-22-2007, 06:46 AM
I wasn't particularly fond of the food.

tarjaybuff
09-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Well... all I have to say is "ORANGE HONEY BUTTER ON STEAMY HOT YEAST ROLLS!". From there it only gets better and better. It is a tradition, and have been there 3 times. Food has always been 4 star, service is always great except for our last trip(just ok).

Characters spend time at the table with you which is very nice.

Can't say enough about it!:mickey:

Vinny
09-22-2007, 03:42 PM
We really enjoyed the Garden Grill. The atmosphere is very relaxing and selection of food is very good. The kids will also enjoy the characters at the meal. Have a good trip!!

ElenitaB
09-22-2007, 08:56 PM
This is our favorite place to visit with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale, and the food is pretty darn good too! (I'm very partial to their locally-grown produce and catfish.) It's one of our must-do's every trip. We've only missed it twice in 10 trips, and once that was due to the change in menu.