PDA

View Full Version : My Little Tomboy....

Jenemmy
09-20-2007, 06:24 PM
I am a mom to two boys who are 11 and 9 and then I have a 2 year old daughter. I was so excited to immerse myself in a world of girly-girly things with her, but she had always wanted to be just like her big brothers.

Just recently, all things Disney Princess have begun to turn her head. I was all excited and this morning she saw a picture on line of a little girl in a princess costume. She seemed intrigued, so I jumped on it. I told her we could go to the Disney store next week and get her a princess costume for trick or treat. I said "Oh, Emmy -- you can be Cinderella, or Snow White, or Belle or even Tinkerbell!!!" and she says........ "Can I be Princess Goofy??":goofy: LOL -- maybe I will put my little Goofy in a tiara ;)

dephenn
09-20-2007, 07:39 PM
That is a good one. Good luck.

mickey&missy
09-20-2007, 09:31 PM
LOL!! That's very cute!

Christine
09-21-2007, 01:52 AM
How Sweet! I bet she'd be a darling Princess Goofy!!

ChipnDaleGal
09-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Princess Goofy sounds like a great idea! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-21-2007, 09:27 AM
I have a son and a daughter. My daughter started out as a girly-girl but became a tomboy by second grade. Even now, at fourteen, she hates to wear dresses and gets upset with me if I dare suggest fashions that seem too girly. It's a little hard on me because I am such a girly girl and I love the princesses and pretty clothes. Plus, she has gorgeous long auburn hair that she pulls back in a ponytail. If she dressed up and let her hair down- wow!

But the good news is that she is very sure of herself. She has a strong sense of who she is and what she wants out of life, and she's uncompromising when it comes to meeting goals. To her, it's not about how she looks. It's about who she is. I admire her more than words can say and I think she's going to be a phenomenal woman. Embrace your little tomboy and go with the flow. She's got a style of her own and may it serve her well.

And besides, she is so young that you never know what phase is coming next. Today Princess Goofy, next year maybe Princess Jasmine.

Mickey'sGirl
09-21-2007, 09:32 AM
All hail Princess Goofy! (I was a tomboy in my younger life too -- I get where she's coming from!) :goofy:

DisneyDudet
09-21-2007, 10:08 AM
I was pretty tomboy ish... until about high school... then there was a RAPID change that hasn't stopped! Not all hope is lost yet! Now I get in trouble for my OVERLY girly traits... um.. Jewelry, girl clothes, PURSES, etc.. I am ALL GIRL!

Hey.. I like the princess goofy deal... its a step!

k_reile
09-21-2007, 10:38 AM
I think princess goofy is an adorable idea...but she should be more like princess goof-ette (if that is even a word)

Bethis26fan
09-21-2007, 10:44 AM
lol I was a tom boy growing up to. lol that's too cute though. She could have said Elizabeth swan lol.