PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of Disney

mickey's buddy
09-20-2007, 05:31 PM
:secret:What are some of the must see "Secrets" of Disney World? (i.e. the secret parade on the water, just for hotel guests) We are planning on going in November and would just like some fun things to look for? Does anyone know of anything that we should try to see. Thanks!:secret:

Figment!
09-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Check out the Hidden Treasures & Surprises (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp) Guide :thumbsup:

jpH/keD
09-20-2007, 06:14 PM
:welcome: Welcome to Intercot! I am not an expert on the secrets but I will tell you when I was there in '05 I couldnt find funnel cake. I kept thinking the world's largest amusement park and no funnel cake?? Its at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square! And I recommend trying a Pine Apple Float at Aloha Isle! :thumbsup: Another secret-?kinda is the Fairy Tale Garden behind the castle! Such a quaint little place and Belle comes out and tells the b&b story. Very genuine and not so flashy. They also have hidden Mickey shapes everywhere. Folks on here will definately help you out on this! Have a magical trip!

Speedy1998
09-20-2007, 06:42 PM
They also have funnel cake at the American Adventure.

imissit
09-22-2007, 08:19 AM
If you're ever in Epcot about an hour or so after closing - maybe you've had a late dinner in one of the restaurants and are slowly making your way out of the park - then you might get to see the effects barge used in Illuminations (the one with the globe on it) 'blown up' to ensure all the fireworks have been detonated. There's always an announcement that it's about to happen and then a countdown and when it explodes you can feel the heat from the giant fireball from around the edge of world showcase lagoon!! This was how I ended many of my nights back in the days when I was a R&C CM as us getting off work usually coincided with this little suprise!!

LibertyTreeGal
09-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Oh my, lemme see -- the only one i can think of off hand is the flag raising stuff. At the Wilderness Lodge, each day a family is chosen to raise the flag in the morning waaaay up on top of the lodge. If we ever go back, we're all going to bring our boy scout uniforms and see if we can get chosen to do it -- what a pic that would be!

Also, every day a family from Shades of Green (the military-only hotel on WDW property) gets to raise the flag at MK. or at least they were doing it when I was there. I watched one morning and just sobbed my heart out. It was beautiful :)

But I think one of the best kept, right out in the open secrets of Disney is Storytime with Belle over at MK. Belle does a play with the help of children in the audience, which is obviously a big thrill for the kiddos and their parents. My boys got to play Gaston and Papa, and it was the highlight of the trip. Seating is very limited, but hardly anyone comes so you just have to arrive a bit early. It's well worth it, and the seating is fairly well shaded (on the right hand side of the castle as you enter the park.)

oh, and btw, welcome to Intercot!

Getting yourself a good guide book can give you a lot of the tips I mentioned (although most of what I know I know from right here and these very helpful folks). The Unofficial Guide is probably where I heard about Storytime with Belle. And the parks are just loaded with entertainment that too few people stop to appreciate. Me included -- maybe when the kids are out of the house!

Stu29573
09-22-2007, 10:22 AM
I noticed that the "wedding ring" is still on the list for the Haunted Mansion. I thought that was gone....

Figment!
09-22-2007, 11:02 AM
I noticed that the "wedding ring" is still on the list for the Haunted Mansion. I thought that was gone....It came back. :ghost:

A Ring Re-risen

2/13/07 Like a scene out the attraction itself, the famed "Haunted Mansion Wedding Ring" has seemingly risen from the pavement. Recent Guest reports have citied that the ring has "returned" after a multi-week "disappearance". Word among Haunted Mansion Cast Members indicate that maintenance recently uncovered the "ring" due to its significant (albeit unofficial) tie to the attraction's lore.

Zippy_D_DooDah
09-22-2007, 11:23 AM
It wasn't there the other day as I tried to help some folks find it as we exited the HM.

Zippy_D_DooDah
09-22-2007, 11:24 AM
... then again, maybe I was looking in the wrong place...

Main Street Jim
09-24-2007, 10:54 AM
The Electrical Water Pageant isn't really "secret", and it's NOT "just for hotel guests". Anyone can view the parade. It starts out by swinging around the Seven Seas lagoon past the Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, passes over the water bridge to Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness, turns around, past the Contemporary, and finally in front of the Magic Kingdom. Most will say that the best place to view the Water Pageant is from the beach at the Polynesian.

jenperich
09-24-2007, 11:30 AM
I noticed that the "wedding ring" is still on the list for the Haunted Mansion. I thought that was gone....

What is this?? I would like to try and look for it.

adoptionislove
09-24-2007, 11:55 AM
I would like to know as well! I love the HM and will look forward to it on our next trip in March!:mickey:

sashiroo
09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Muppet Vision 3-D. When you first walk in, there is a door on your right. It has a sign that says something like be back in 5 minutes, key under mat. Look under the mat, there is a key there! We found it last week, I'm still chuckling over that one!!

Samtastic
09-24-2007, 04:53 PM
When is the electrical water pageant? I have ADRs for Kona at 8:55 PM (In january)

DisneyDudet
09-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Check here (http://intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/electricalwaterpagent.asp) for info on the Water Pageant.

As far as the ring at HM, just start looking at your feet (during the day,as its dark at night) when you step outside of HM. I'm sure a CM will be around shortly to help you out! We've asked before, but we may have to ask again, as its been a while since we've looked. Its on the right side... I know that!

I'm so sorry, but I can't think of any good secrets right now!

tomorrowschild
09-24-2007, 05:29 PM
I would definately have to say "Hidden Mickey's". These are fun Mickey's :mickey: that imagineers have placed around the parks, resorts, rides, etc. They are hidden (as the name implys so you have to find them. There are websites and a book all about them. I am sure there are many discussions about them here on Intercot as well, just do a discussion search for them.

teambricker04
09-24-2007, 08:49 PM
My favorite "secret" is the opening performance at MK. I don't think it is really a secret, but I never knew about it until last year. I may be cheesy, but I want to be the family that opens the park some day.

Also at one of the shops in MK, you can see or even be the person that lets tink out for the day. According to other threads this has some issues because people are rather rude about trying to get to be the "one". I haven't seen it, but I think it would be neat.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-25-2007, 01:24 AM
I like looking for all the chess pieces on HM's exterior (except the Knight....because it's always "Knight" at the HM).

Hmmm...other good ones...Mr. Toad's Final Resting Place is also located at HM.

The windows on Main Street East in the center street with the names of the 5 companies used by Walt to get the property. I like those little things, I always laugh at them.

I agree with the Illuminations KaBOOM!!!!!!! That scared the lights out of me when I first observed it (it was actually not planned and I was like OMG THE GLOBE EXPLODED!!!!).

Main Street Jim
09-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Also, every day a family from Shades of Green (the military-only hotel on WDW property) gets to raise the flag at MK. or at least they were doing it when I was there. I watched one morning and just sobbed my heart out. It was beautifulNot necessarily a "family from Shades of Green". It can be about any current or former military member/veteran. It's called "Veteran of the Day", and it's actually lowering the flag at the end of the day (usually around 5:00pm). They're usually picked randomly, but you can request to participate by stopping in at Guest Relations in City Hall :thumbsup:

The Electrical Water Pageant usually runs at about 9:00pm or so on Seven Seas lagoon.