PDA

View Full Version : Had to tell someone

Hayden's Dad
09-20-2007, 04:10 PM
I have to tell someone about this. We will be going down to WDW in Nov the 26-Dec 1. This will probably be the last trip my 20 month old son will be able to make as he is very sick and the prognosis is terminal. I wrote in depth about his condition a while back before our trip in May with my family. This time it is just Mommy, Daddy, and Hayden thanks to all the thoughts, prayers, pixie dust, and donations we are able to go down again in only 11 more Sundays:D
So we are making this extra special. So far we have 10 character meals :D:D
B, L, and D at Cinderellas Castle
B, and D at 1900
D at Liberty Tree
L at Garden Grill
L at Crystal Palace
B at Akershush
B at Chef Mickey's
and still trying for the Donalds Safari breakfast at AK (I love the Premium Plan, no credits just B L & D anywhere we want)
We are going to MVMCP
Both Hayden and I are having lightsabers made, and Mommy is getting made up at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at the castle.
We are so excited that I just had to write and tell someone thanks for listening :mickey:

If anyone else has some suggestions for extra special things to do please feel free to let me know.

laprana
09-20-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm so, so sorry to hear that about your son! Sending some :pixie: and prayers that your vacation is the as magical, wonderful, and happy for your family as possible! I hope you have a wonderful time!!:mickey:

Aggie97
09-20-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm so glad to hear that you have such a wonderful trip planned for your family! All those character meals will be a blast. I hope you have a fantastic, fun trip and make many happy memories!!! :mickey:

jpH/keD
09-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi Hayden's Dad! I have read your son's story and my heart aches for you all and breaks with you all! But I am also very joyful and happy that you all get to spend such a special week in such a special place w/ such a special little guy!:cloud9: I hope that your memories are so so happy and precious! Try not to miss a smile, a giggle or grin! Take a video camera and have such a blast! The character meals you have chosen sound wonderful and are sure to spark some smiles and memories! We are praying for you all! God bless and ENJOY that trip! :mickey:

thrillme
09-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Sounds like you have a GREAT trip planned. Hayden is a very very lucky child to have such a wonderful Dad.

Hope your trip is Magical :pixie: I'll definately be looking forward to a trip report!!!

Zippy 1
09-20-2007, 05:24 PM
:mickey:So glad you are able to do a trip. I hope you all have a wonderful time. Take advantage of Photo Pass to record your trip. I am also sending :pixie: and prayers for your family.

IloveDisney71
09-20-2007, 05:32 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm so glad you have this wonderful trip to look forward to! I know you will be creating some wonderful memories and there's no better place than Disney to do that. I think the character meals are a great idea. I think the lightsabers:yoda: and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique:princess: at the castle are an extra special touch!
Have tons of FUN! :magic::pixie::magic:

Terra
09-20-2007, 05:36 PM
I pray that it is the best trip ever and full of magic like you've never seen!! :pixie:

merlinmagic4
09-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Have a wonderful trip! :mickey::cloud9:

mousetrapper
09-20-2007, 08:28 PM
What an amazing gift you're giving your son. God bless you and your family and have the most magical time ever!

:mickey:

Jenemmy
09-20-2007, 08:45 PM
I am simply beyond thrilled for you guys that you get to have such an exciting, memorable trip. It sure looks like you have covered all your bases and I bet your little guy is going to love every last second of it. Good job, dad!:thumbsup:

I keep your little sweetie in my prayers -- his mama and dad, too. God bless you all.

Beast_fanatic
09-20-2007, 10:54 PM
If anyone else has some suggestions for extra special things to do please feel free to let me know.

Have you considered doing a family photo session (http://www.flmemories.com/) while you're there? It seems like it would be a priceless treasure in years to come.

mttafire
09-20-2007, 11:41 PM
What an amazing gift you're giving your son. God bless you and your family and have the most magical time ever!

:mickey:
Agreed....Let me also add that; I have NO idea what you and your family is going through, Not many folks do. All i can say is my prayers are with all of you. You are one hell of a Dad. God bless you! I too am a dad.I have a 2 DAY OLD and a 2y.o. old. All we can do as fathers is provide and protect and teach to the best of our ability. Stay strong.

vizsla
09-21-2007, 05:59 AM
So sorry to hear about your son. Sending :pixie:your way. Have a great time and a safe trip.

Jeff
09-21-2007, 07:41 AM
What heart break you must be going through, but I commend you for making every moment special with your precious boy.

I will keep your family in my prayers.

Maleficent's Dad
09-21-2007, 08:33 AM
It sounds like a great trip that you have planned. Your son has some loving parents and I wish you all the best.

Your family will be in my prayers. :mickey:

Diznee4Me
09-21-2007, 08:49 AM
You all are in my prayers. Now, go, make happy memories and have a great time!

goofysbabe
09-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with your family. Here's to a totally magical time. Enjoy & take lots and lots of photos.

GOD BLESS,

DisneyWhirled
09-21-2007, 09:16 AM
So glad you are able to go again! We are praying for Hayden and your entire family. Have a wonderful time!

ibrowse17
09-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Hope you a very special trip for your very special family. Have a grat trip and continue to build memories:thumbsup:

LandFan
09-21-2007, 07:27 PM
We'll be there the same time - I'll be think about you both and Hayden and hoping you are having the best time possible :cloud9:

The Bookseller
09-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Here's my best wishes and :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for a magical trip! :cloud9:

ckaranassos
09-22-2007, 09:18 PM
I hope your trip is as magical and wonderful as your family is and may god be with you and yours always.

Christine
09-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Have a fantastic trip with precious little Hayden!!!

disneydeb
09-22-2007, 10:39 PM
My best memories of my children were made at Disney. i agree with Rhonda about the photo session idea. It seems like you have a terrific plan made out. Bless you all.

Kairi_7378
09-22-2007, 11:11 PM
So glad that Hayden has hung in there for another magical vacation. You've put together such a fantastic trip, I can't really offer any ideas for making it more special. I hope that you are able to enjoy every minute with your family. Prayers to all of you.
I wonder if you will be able to beat your last trip as far as character visits (especially with Mickey!)

mouseketeer mom
09-24-2007, 09:21 AM
I am so sorry for all you are going thru with your precious son.
I wish you beautiful family time while in WDW.

princessjojo
09-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Have you considered doing a family photo session (http://www.flmemories.com/) while you're there? It seems like it would be a priceless treasure in years to come.
That is such a great idea. You can remember times of great happiness in an extremely happy place for you all.

Best of luck to you and your family. My heart goes out to you. Have a wonderful and magical trip.

bleukarma
09-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Little Hayden has been in my thoughts, now he will be in my prayers that your next trip will be the most magical trip ever!!! It sounds like you have so much good stuff planned!!!

mickey&missy
09-24-2007, 09:04 PM
It sounds like you have a magical trip planned! Many prayers and positive thoughts for your son and your family. Have a wonderful time and make many magical memories!

mmwonka
09-24-2007, 09:13 PM
I just wanted to add more well wishes :wishes:.The only suggestion I have, which I'm sure you've already thought of :blush:, is to take lots and lots of video and pictures. Have an amazing time! Here is a hug :grouphug: from my family to yours.

Tigger's Mom
09-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers to all of the others. What wonderful, happy memories for your family to have and what great experiences for your son with such loving parents. Enjoy every moment and capture as much of it on film as possible! Make use of the Disney photographers (with both your camera and theirs)! Have a magical time!!!:mickey:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-25-2007, 10:10 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with your whole family. I wish you the most memoriable and magical trip with Hayden. I teach childen and I know how precious they are to a parent. From the bottom of my heart.. Prayers are sent your way .......Michele from: ( Harrisburg, PA ):pixie:

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 02:03 AM
:mickey: I am so glad to hear that you guys are going to be able to go again, esp. just you and your wife and Hayden... that is so special. I hope and pray it is the most special, memorable and wonderful trip ever for you - I'm sure you will savor every moment. :cloud9:

BrerSchultzy
09-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Agreed....Let me also add that; I have NO idea what you and your family is going through, Not many folks do. All i can say is my prayers are with all of you. You are one hell of a Dad. God bless you!

Amen! My prayers are with you, and I just want to say, that Hayden has experienced more love in his lifetime than most people who live 50 times longer. It's amazing. You and Hayden are truly inspirations. Thank you, and have yourself a great time!

P.S. Give Hayden our love!

Momof2boys
09-26-2007, 12:40 PM
May this trip be magical and filled with forever memories :pixie:

tomorrowschild
09-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Your trip sounds so great!
What a time to make some memories!
Have a great trip. Treasure your time.

DVC2004
09-26-2007, 04:56 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Sounds like you have a very magical time planned and I wish for you, Hayden, and your wife only the best.

Hayden's Dad
09-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Just booked the new Donald's Safari Breakfast at Animal Kingdom so that now brings up our total character meals to 11 :blush: Think we have gone overboard? Me neither. Well that is at least 44 characters granted some may repeat but Hayden sure won't mind. :D We are hoping to break the 100 mark on characters this time. :mickey:

faline
09-26-2007, 09:37 PM
I hope you are able to make some wonderful, lifelong memories of the time you have with your son!

WyckedDisneyFan
09-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi, I will be there from Oct 10th through the 15th. If you would like me to send him a postcard from Disney when I am there with his favorite character I would be more then happy to do so. PM me with the information if you are interested. My prayers are with you and your family and I wish this coming vacation is a magical time for all. Cherish every moment! :grouphug: and :pixie: for all of you.