PDA

View Full Version : Hello. I'm new here...I think.

JohnHMCWYG
09-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Throughout my travels over the years to find a Disney board to post at, I had joined here back in 2003 under the username thelordof8trax. I didn't really last all that long, though.

Allow me to re-introduce myself. My name is John Kilduff. I've been a Disney fan for as long as I can remember, and I've been going to the parks, once per year, for almost that amount of time as well.

On every Disney board I've been on, I've done something wrong. On one forum, I was questioned because of my pop-cultural tastes vis a vis the Disney-MGM Studios (soon to be Disney's Hollywood Studios). On another board, I was laughed at because of some ideas I had thought of. On yet another board, I did something I probably shouldn't done by revealing something that happened to me at work.

Well, hopefully, the 4th time will be the charm. I'll try to not reveal too many personal details about myself and I'll try to find the right pop-cultural reference when needed.

Let's try it again.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

PirateLover
09-20-2007, 04:02 PM
:grouphug: :welcome:
Intercot is by far the friendliest board I've come across about any topic. I hope that you find a permanent home here!:thumbsup::rocks:

disneydrmr
09-20-2007, 04:04 PM
:mickey: Welcome to Intercot John! :mickey:

krorx
09-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Welcome aboard!:rocks::clappy:

laprana
09-20-2007, 04:23 PM
:pixie::wave: Welcome! Welcome! Intercot is the greatest! Everyone here is so helpful and friendly! I'm sure you'll fit right in!!:thumbsup:

disneymom15
09-20-2007, 04:50 PM
WELCOME!
I love this site. Everyone is so helpful and nice.

IloveDisney71
09-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Welcome back! I'm pretty new here myself. This is the first discussion board I have joined anywhere about any topic. I gave Intercot a chance because I'm a self-proclaimed Disney addict and nobody I know thinks this is a "healthy" thing! :laughing:
I have only made one mistake (when I first joined) when I posted a link to another site - OOPS!
And I've only had one person make a negative and uncalled for comment about something I asked. But I love this site and visit it almost everyday.
HAVE FUN!

Jenemmy
09-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Hey, Hakuna Matata and all that :simba:

This is a great, easy going board for the most part --and for those rare times when it isn't, we have the world's best moderators to nicely keep all conversations where they belong.

Welcome :mickey:

pogo
09-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Congratulations John and :welcome: TO INTERCOT !

It's best to not reveal too much about yourself on any website so where do we start with you ?

Lets see..... how old are you...:confused:.. what color hair do you have.... how much do you weigh.... are you married.... do you have a dog..... what's your favorite food..... do you prefer :beer: or :marg: or :wine:...... what's your I.Q....... where do you live..... what is your shoe size ? :confused:

There.... that just about covers it. JUST KIDDING !

We don't care ! Enjoy your time here and make lots of friends and contribute to any discussion that you can. Relax..... and have a great time. :thumbsup:

We're glad you're here ! :D

Figaro
09-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Welcome home. :mickey: :cap: :cowboy:

RedSoxFan
09-20-2007, 07:27 PM
:welcome:John to Intercot. It's a great place.:mickey:

2Epcot
09-20-2007, 08:34 PM
:welcome: back John to Intercot!

I also visited Intercot off and on for a few years before I joined last year. I found there are no Disney boards better then this one. :mickey:

SgtTigger
09-20-2007, 09:55 PM
John here at INTERCOT we worry about one thing.......

Do you Love Disney?????

If you say yes........

You are one of us.....................

Welcome

:cop: :tigger:

mrsgaribaldi
09-20-2007, 10:41 PM
:welcome: back John :wave:

I was reading about your love of PI. I love the Adventurer's Club too :thumbsup:

Flower
09-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Welcome back!!!

vizsla
09-21-2007, 06:19 AM
:mickey:Welcome Back:mickey:

disneydeb
09-21-2007, 06:46 AM
I Tink I remember your old screen name:

Welcome back, Welcome back; Welcome back...

Jeri Lynn
09-21-2007, 07:32 AM
:mickey:Welcome Back to Intercot!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Welcome!
These really are friendly boards.
I think alot about details and nobody has made me feel bad about it!
Only once did I get in trouble..when I offerred up my ADR's I was about to cancel..:-o..I got a stern spoken to, and my thread was closed! I didn't know, I was just trying to be helpful! But I learned and everyone was reassuring!
So again,
Welcome!
I love it here!!!!!:mickey:

DisneyDudet
09-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Welcome Back!

This is the best message board I've ever read. I've looked at many, and on many topics, and this is the best one out there.

I've made my fair share of mistakes. Usually, I am kindly corrected if I make a wrong statement. I might feel off or stupid for making a wrong comment, but, as you can tell, it doesn't stop me for very long! One time, a few weeks back, I thought I answered a question correctly, but, in fact, it was against a policy w/ Disney. I had just read the Disney policy wrong! I felt horrible, and I didn't want to post again in factual threads, but I started, probably, the next thread! Just because you give a wrong answer doesn't mean your input here is not warranted or helpful.

If someone offends you, kindly inform them that you were offended by the statement, usually that will give you an explanation. On most occasions, it was not meant to be offensive, and most will apologize to you (as far as I have experienced). If you offend someone else by accident, you will probably be confronted, usually cordially, but that is not the end of the world. You don't seem the type to offend anyone! You might feel horrible, or even be mad, but then I head to my favorite forum and post on a feel good thread!

We have the best mods around! The keep everything on track and happy! We're a pretty happy group, and we like to give others a hard time, but we most certainly wouldn't dare laugh at someone's comment. If someone does treat you like that, I would feel compelled to share that with a mod, so they can take a look and maybe monitor the member. Also, some things aren't well taken with writing, so that needs to be considered at times.

You most certainly are welcome here! We all make mistakes, but you can't let it keep you away from something that brings you joy! You seem like a great person, who loves Disney. If you never change those two things, you'll be a perfect addition to our Disney Family!

Kairi_7378
09-22-2007, 11:05 PM
:mickey: Welcome!
I love reading all of the thoughts from all of the Disney experts here and can't wait to hear some of your thoughts and tips. This is the first discussion board I have joined and I am hooked.

BrerSchultzy
09-26-2007, 09:31 AM
John,
Welcome back! I can honestly say that Intercot is the friendliest group of people anywhere. Just remember that "different" doesn't mean wrong, and the only thing that should be considered "the end of the world" is, in fact, the end of the world. Everything else is just filler between trips to Disney World!

See you out there!

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 09:55 AM
:mickey: Welcome home, John!! I'm sure you'll find this is just the right spot for you... everyone here is so friendly and fun, and we have the best mods for when things get a little rough, which they very rarely do! Enjoy - I hope you love it as much as we all do! :D