PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Talk with Crush

gresh00
09-20-2007, 02:11 PM
o.k so I'm completely baffled how the Turtle Talk attraction works. A film can't react to the audience, but its clear that's what goes on here. Anyone know how they do it?

Matt's Dad
09-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Ok, not meaning to date anyone ... but got to stop thinking film ... and start thinking CGI (Computer Generated Imagery).

Computers are already used to create "films" like toy story ... and well ... NEMO .... so what if you kept the motions moderately contained and generated the "film" on the fly .... interacting with the audience.

Beware of technology armed engineers (or imaginears) ... they can do just about anything.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-20-2007, 03:55 PM
This was really cool...and I had trouble imagining it before we went.

It is like an interactive movie, Crush appears on a large screen and talks to the audience, and replies and builds on what the audience is saying. I guess it is more like an improv on screen.

We loved it, Crush talked to DD, and she thought it was the coolest thing going! :mickey:

Jared
09-20-2007, 04:00 PM
The film is generated by computers, so the motion changes each show. A voice actor plays the role of Crush, answering questions he can hear through a microphone.

I haven't quite figured out how a Cast Member in the projection room coordinates with the performer, so I guess I'm still slightly confused about the technology.

#1donaldfan
09-20-2007, 04:00 PM
I love that show.....this year Crush was making his opening comments and asked the CM who was with us in the audience area...."dude I totally forgot your name"....plus he had the most serious, yet baffled face possible. The CM told him and he was like, "yeah dude that's right...I forgot".....that was too cool.

Is there not a two way mirror and another CM does the computer "stuff".....?????

caryrae
09-20-2007, 08:25 PM
I am sure there is a camera or something the Crush voice person uses to see the audience because he kind moves around the screen and looks at people in the audience when the talk.

crltkcagle
09-23-2007, 09:45 AM
i don't care how they do it, i loved it. they kids were so amazed that crush was talking to them. And he sounded just like the real crush in the movie. hat off to disney for making yet another wonderful attraction!

JohnHMCWYG
09-23-2007, 11:07 AM
This is a great attraction. Very interactive. Of course, much like the Comedy Warehouse at PI, it all depends on the audience. In 2005, at the age of 22, I was easily the oldest person in the room. The day I went was the day of the 77th Annual Academy Awards, so I asked Crush a question about the rivalry between Pixar and DreamWorks. That threw him for a loop and also humiliated my brother. I was angry at him for that, so I exited the park and took a bus back to OKW.

I only hope I don't humiliate him in the future.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff