PDA

View Full Version : Jack Sparrow now at the MK!

ariel03
09-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone just got back from the magic kingdom and they are now offering meet and greets with jack sparrow to your right just as you enter adventureland in a building near aloha isle. Here are some pictures of the signs directing you to the new meet and greet. Here is Sign 1 (http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/kerf_99/Disney%202007/?action=view&current=Sept07092.jpg) and Sign 2 (http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/kerf_99/Disney%202007/?action=view&current=Sept07089.jpg).

Figment!
09-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the pictures.

Currently, it is only a test meet & greet.

See Tidbits September 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=114733) for details.

dlpmikki
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
It sounds like where they did the meet and greets for the Pirate and Princess Partys.

ariel03
09-20-2007, 03:02 PM
I took these pictures on sept 13th. Looks like they started early.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Hopefully he'll be out in November. My husband and I will be there from Nov.7th thru Nov. 17th:mickey:

crltkcagle
09-24-2007, 10:44 AM
my son got to sword fight with jack sparrow! all the other kids had to fight the other pirate that was out but when it was my son's turn sparrow said I WANT TO FIGHT HIM, step aside. i took a ton of pictures and it's something my ds will always remember. my other two boys got to become honorary pirates too!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-24-2007, 10:31 PM
We met Jack Sparrow in that meet and greet last week. I will am in the middle of loading all 400+ pics. I got some great ones of him with my kids. Photopass got an adorable one of him kissing my DD on the cheek and then the next one of her running away. ;) He kept calling her a "Little Monkey" and signed her autograph book "To the Little Monkey, Love Jack Sparrow",

Very cool. Very worth the 45 minute wait we had for him. Really cool meet and greet area too.

SimbaandNalasMama
09-25-2007, 01:43 PM
oh my GOSH!! i am one very excited 36 year old!! We will be there on 9/29, during one of the test meet and greets!! that is if the schedule is still current!! I CANNOT WAIT!!! I may actually swoon... :pirate:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-26-2007, 10:07 AM
The wait times really aren't that bad. I've been three times on the test days, usually in peak times, and haven't waited more then 20 minutes. One was around 3:30, the other was around 2:30, and the third was at 5:30ish.

It's been fun, I love meeting my future husband! :D:cloud9:

SimbaandNalasMama
09-26-2007, 04:16 PM
The wait times really aren't that bad. I've been three times on the test days, usually in peak times, and haven't waited more then 20 minutes. One was around 3:30, the other was around 2:30, and the third was at 5:30ish.

It's been fun, I love meeting my future husband! :D:cloud9:

Yeah, i dont care if the wait is longer than Soarin waits....i will wait all day for Jack Sparrow. :pirate:

princessimagineer
09-26-2007, 04:37 PM
when i was there the last week of august he was there doing his little show and OMG it was soo funny. i have a some pics and even video too that maybe ill eventually post. he realy did look/talk/act like Captain Jack Sparrow from the movie. then right after that i went on the new pirates for the first time that trip where the CJS's are soo realistic too. i just had too much of him for one day but it was a good thing.

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 09:19 PM
:thumbsup: Here's hoping they will continue it into October..... :cloud9:

jkj1224
09-26-2007, 11:08 PM
as of right now the meet n' greets are only actually showing on the schedule through the end of september...then we'll see I guess

like2workout
09-27-2007, 08:33 AM
would someone be able to post the october schedule for jack once one is out? i'm leaving 10/13 and would be great to know ahead of time if meeting him is a possibility! thanks very much!

Figment!
09-27-2007, 08:48 AM
would someone be able to post the october schedule for jack once one is out? There is no guarantee one will be out.

The current offering is only a Test to see if such would be successful as a permanent offering.

Typically, there is a period of time between the end of a Test and the beginning of a permanent offering (if approved) as park management takes time to evaluate the test and make any desired adjustments.

On a few occasions, wildly successful tests have gone straight into a permanent offering. While that could happen with this offering, there is no guarantee that it will.

SimbaandNalasMama
09-27-2007, 09:35 AM
The current offering is only a Test to see if such would be successful as a permanent offering.

hehe, this statement made me chuckle. i am betting a permanent offering would be wildly successful. really, i am surprised it took this long to introduce him this way. The show outside POTC is so great, but i gotta bet there are a lot of fans who would love to interact and get pics. I hope its a permanent thing. Of course, my love of Jack is a little stalkerish :blush: j/k

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Of course, my love of Jack is a little stalkerish :blush: j/k

I understand that completely. I've meet Jack several times, and it's gotten to where he's like, 'Ah, welcome back, love.'

I've also gotten to know Mack, Jack's First Mate. He's so funny and adorable.

SimbaandNalasMama
10-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi all - wanted to let you know that I got to meet Jack on his last 'official' day on Saturday 9/29. I was a little shy, but quickly overcame that when i realized Jack Sparrow was talking to me. I just LOVE that man :D. got great pics and had a wonderful time talking to him. He is such a scoundrel. The line wasnt long. Interestingly, when we were back there on 10/1, all the signs were gone and the new Times Guide had no mention of him :(. sorry guys. I have lots of pics to post. Let me know if you want to see them. I hope to have them all uploaded today.
:pirate: :skull: :pirate: