PDA

View Full Version : Soft Opening W&F Fest

BugeyedMuggy
09-20-2007, 12:38 PM
This will be our 1st time @ the W&F fest . Last year we missed it by 2 days. When we were there last year a CM said the day before the scheduled opening they have a "soft opening". Anyone ever heard of this and if so what time will they do this? Will they do this this year?

karenrarintogo
09-20-2007, 01:00 PM
We were in Epcot last year the day before the F&W Festival officially opened. It appeared everyone was doing a "dry run" in preparation for the opening. People working at the booths (probably from the represented country) were being assisted by Disney representatives to ensure everything would go smoothly. The day before opening is a perfect time to sample the various offerings. It was uncrowded and views were unobstructed by typical crowds.

I don't know how it will go this year, but I suspect the same as last year.m Hope you'll be there! :mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
09-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks very much for the timely info. We leave Sat AM and needed to know ASAP. We only have one full day at the W&F fest and hope they do the same as last year so we can enjoy another day.

Crow
09-20-2007, 06:27 PM
it would b nice to have another day to enjoy it.
ill be leaving in the morning and will b there til the 30th..

Natazu
09-21-2007, 12:00 AM
it would b nice to have another day to enjoy it.
ill be leaving in the morning and will b there til the 30th..
I'll dedicate my first 10 or so tastings to you. ;)

TheRustyScupper
09-21-2007, 06:54 PM
1) The day-before is a trial run.
2) They even invite CM's to enter for free.
3) Needless to say, there is a certain amount of confusion.
4) Last year, we wait needlessly several times.
5) Plus, there were several booths not open.