PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPass

Figgyluv03
09-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, I've been read about PhotoPass on Info Central, but it didn't say anything about pricing. I know that there is a cd that you can purchase with all of your pictures on there. Does anyone know how much is cost and how many pictures it holds.

Thanks.

cfoshe
09-20-2007, 12:52 PM
In Aug, It Was All The Pictures That Was Taken, Was Not A Limit On The Number Of Cd's (i Do Not Think) Was Around $125.

Michigander
09-20-2007, 01:03 PM
This is worth it. We ordered ours when we got back from our 16 day trip last April and it's wonderful. I didn't have to worry about carrying a camera to get pictures and the cost of developing only those I really wanted off the cd was minamal. You can also have pictures taken at the water park while your on a water ride it's so fun to see those. I still have all the pictures on the cd and can pull them up on my computer anytime I want. I don't have to worry about storage of any loose photo's that I may or may not really like. I just keep all my cd's in a photo box maked by the date they were taken. I can always go and print off extra copies if I want later.

Mnchknbrat1982
09-20-2007, 01:08 PM
if you go to the website and pre order before your trip you get the cd for 99.95

Mary Poppins fan
09-20-2007, 01:29 PM
It's really worth the money. I pre-ordered the CD ($100) before we left for our trip over Labor Day. You get a card from any Photopass photographer and use it your whole trip. When you get home you go to the website, enter your card number and your pictures pop up. You can edit, crop, add signatures, etc. before you have the CD made. I ended up with 160 photos on mine! :photo: The best part is that you get the rights to the images - I've already ordered my Christmas cards!

sloslo
09-20-2007, 01:35 PM
How do you pre-order the CD? Also, once you get the CD can you print from it or do you still have to go to the website and paying for pictures?

Goofy Pluto
09-20-2007, 01:52 PM
How do you pre-order the CD? Also, once you get the CD can you print from it or do you still have to go to the website and paying for pictures?

OK, I have similar questions...

I've heard you save money by buying the CD out of the park. I see in this thread that it's only $100 if you pre-order it before you go. Do they send you a card or something to take with you? How does that work? It's $125 if you wait and order it at the parks? What about if you order it when you get home? How much is it then?

Any guidance/help is appreciated. Thanks.

disneyfan328
09-20-2007, 03:35 PM
when you pre-order you go to the photopass website and pay the fee - they then send you a code to use upon your return. Just go to the first photopass photographer you see in the parks to get your card. use that (you can also combine cards if you end up with more than one) onto one acccount. If you preorder the cd you have to wait until you get home to order it which is better becuase that way you can add little icons and character autographs to the pics. the cd will hold all of the originals as well as the edited ones.

if you don't order the cd before you go you have an option to purchase it in the parks, however you won't get to add some of the things that you can from the website at home. I don't know what all is available border wise at the parks but I have heard and read that it is better to wait until you get home to order the CD. You get the copyrights to the pictures so you can then go and print whatever you want where ever you want. I have heard of some people being given a hard time even with the copyrights, but thats the minority I believe.

You can also order a digitial scrapbook instead of the cd if you want to go that route. You can use the photos that they took for one price and you can also upload your own ( its a little more to do it this way) I have heard that they come out very nice ( made by jostens.) and they are worth it as well.

Leaving in less than 48 hours!!!! Good luck with whatever you decide.:thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
09-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Just before our trip in August, we were sent an email telling us about the discounted CD if purchased before going. If you don't get this, you can just go to the photopass site and order it. You have to purchase it before going on your trip though to get the discount. It is $99.95 in advance and $129 later. They send you an email with your order number. Grab every photopass photographer you can find on your trip. (We actually searched them out to make it worth our money). It is amazing how many of these I have never seen before I started searching them out. You can get a print out of a map where they are located but there are usually more than this and they move around. When you get home, you pull up the photopass site and put in your photopass id number and it pulls up your photos. You can actually email these to others to view. Then you can edit your pictures with several different borders and signitures or crop and rotate them. You save these along with the originals. After you are finished editing, you order the CD and put your CD ID in. It will charge you the full price but then deduct the full price plus shipping. It took us only about 4 days to receive our CD. There is a read me file on it telling you about the copywrite and everything. I think you have to print this out to take with you to wherever you get them printed. I haven't read it yet. I just received ours. Or you can print them yourself. We started with 96 pictures on ours and ended up with 186 after I edited the pictures. Someone told me that she got 250 on her CD. I guess if you have family members with you, you can get all kinds of different groupings with one photographer. It was only DH and I so we were kind of limited in how many pictures we could get. Also you can get more at the character meets, which we didn't go to. We only went to a few.

DisneyKim22
09-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Okay, I'm all set to pre-order my CD when we get a bit closer (64 days today!). But, I'm a little confused. Are the pictures from the rides included in this? For example, can we have the picture that is taken on Splash Mountain added to the photo pass? Or, is this just general pictures taken around the parks (in front of icons, with characters, etc.)?

Magic Smiles
09-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know what the shipping costs are to Canada for the CD? Also, has anyone in Canada ever pre ordered the Photopass CD? If so, did you have to pay cdn taxes on the package when delivered?

pixiesmimi
09-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Okay, I'm all set to pre-order my CD when we get a bit closer (64 days today!). But, I'm a little confused. Are the pictures from the rides included in this? For example, can we have the picture that is taken on Splash Mountain added to the photo pass? Or, is this just general pictures taken around the parks (in front of icons, with characters, etc.)?

No, the pictures from the rides except TT are not on the CD. You have to pay separately for these. At TT, there is a place where you can put your photopass in to download it on there. It is just pictures like in front of the castle, in Frontierland, Adventureland, at the character meets, Toontown in the character meets with Mickey and Princesses, etc. They are all around the park. In Epcot, they are supposed to be in front of the countries and the ball but you have to just search them out because they aren't always there. In MGM we saw very few of them. I'm not sure about AK because we didn't go there. We didn't see any in DTD except in the place where everyone was doing the BBB photos. My husband asked someone and they said that was the only place there was a photographer and we didn't think anyone but BBB customers were doing that one. We did the same spots on different days with different photographers and asked them to turn around and do different shots. Some were glad to and some said it wasn't allowed. :confused: We got some in front of the castle at night when it was changing colors. In each one, the castle is a different color.

Goofy Pluto
09-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Someone should create a permanent Sticky post about this subject. This is rather confusing and involved...

Anyway, so only Tower of Terror is included for rides? ALL character meet and greets are included? What other locations, in total (that would be useful to determine the value of this)? Are photos from MVMCP included (or other special events for other people...)

Thanks!

LoriMistress
09-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Someone should create a permanent Sticky post about this subject. This is rather confusing and involved...

Anyway, so only Tower of Terror is included for rides? ALL character meet and greets are included? What other locations, in total (that would be useful to determine the value of this)? Are photos from MVMCP included (or other special events for other people...)

Thanks!

You're correct...there should be a sticky...but it should be at photography or the planning section. TT is the only one that's included.

dlpmikki
09-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Disney keep tinkering with this so the information keeps changing. You can add your photos from Cinderellas Breakfast (included) or pay for photos at Norway Princess breakfast and get them added. There are even photographers at the water parks and special mini cards on a wrist strap to wear there. Can't answer for Cadada but reports from the UK are that postage is included on the pre-pay deals and the value is set at a level that does not cause custom duties.

KylesMom
09-21-2007, 04:42 PM
TT = Test Track (Included)
ToT = Tower of Terror (Not Included)

:mickey:

We've found the PhotoPass to be WELL worth the money - there are some really great pictures of ALL of us together, and some of the borders you can get online really "make" the pictures.

apequet
09-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Disney keep tinkering with this so the information keeps changing. You can add your photos from Cinderellas Breakfast (included) or pay for photos at Norway Princess breakfast and get them added.

I didn't know that you can add the photo's from Cinderella's Breakfest to your photo pass? Is this really true? And I thought the Norway picture's where somthing seperate you have to pay extra for? I didn't know if I paid for them, they would add them to your photo pass. ...I'm confused! :confused: Can anyone clairify this? Going in 82 days!!! :mickey:

SaltyD
09-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Is there a link for Photopass? I did all my photos this way for my last trip in 2006 but I want to check on stuff again for my trip next month :mickey:

pixiesmimi
09-21-2007, 10:08 PM
I've been wondering if the pictures they took at the character meals was included on the photopass. We passed them up thinking they were a separate purchase. Does anyone know this for sure? I do know that I read somewhere that you can go over to the Grand Floridian and pose in front of a screen in different settings and they will put it on your photopass.

It is well worth the money. With the 5 X 7's that you order on line being about $12.95 each, you only have to have 9 pictures on there to have the CD paid for. We ended up with 186 pictures which makes it very worthwhile. Of course we will have to pay to have them printed out if we print any of them but I will probably print my own out for a minimum amount.

jsw123
09-22-2007, 10:12 PM
We did not pre-purchase photo pass, but enjoyed seeing all of the pictures they took. Close to 200 for our family! However, I will say that the pictures I took were MUCH better. They take a lot, so it's cool to see. And the CD would be a good deal at $100 if that's all you want. However, prints are VERY expensive. We enjoyed it as a different view, but would never dream of paying that price for a picture!:mickey: