PDA

View Full Version : Kid rides that fit three

scootch713
09-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Can anyone help me out here??? Taking my girls who are almost 8 and 5...... by myself. I know rides like Its a small world, we can ride together, but what about other rides that three can sit together??? like... splash mountain, goofy's rollercoaster, Peter Pan's flight???

or hey, anyone want to tag along with me and be a rider :blush: my mom is kinda bugged out that I am taking them alone.

buzznwoodysmom
09-20-2007, 12:31 PM
My children are 7 and 5 and in the past we've rode all four of us on some rides like Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan and the new Nemo ride at Epcot so yo should be good on those. I rode with both sons on splash mountain, we all fit into one seat. I am not sure if you can fit 3 on goofy's rollercoaster, however the seats are really close you could put the 7 year old riding in front of you and the 5 year old. We've also fit 3 on Buzz, only two riders get a gun, but mom can just go for the ride! I am not 100% sure, but I think you should be able to fit 3 on BTMRR as well. When are you going? We'll be there for Thanksgiving and have a crew going. You could always tag along for a few hours and have someone in our party ride with one of the kids. Good luck and have fun!

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-20-2007, 12:37 PM
hmmm..... let's see...

you can ride together in the same seat on...

Small world
Peter Pan
Dumbo
Snow White and Pooh (you can ride in the same car, the girls could sit together in the front)
Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain (car seats 3, everyone must be in own seat back to back)
Buzz Lightyear (can fit 3, but you will only get two shooters...)
Pirates
Jungle cruise
Alladin (I think?)

I really don't think you will have too much of a problem, you might have slightly more trouble if you are looking at faster rides such as rock n roller coaster, expedition everest, big thunder mountain (all of those only hold 2)

Have a great trip!! :mickey:

malz288
09-20-2007, 02:14 PM
i once rode big thunder mountain with my mom and uncle in one car, so i think it is possoible to have 3 in one car for that, but maybe they changd the rules? i dont know

crltkcagle
09-22-2007, 09:55 PM
don't forget the teacups in MK

bibbidiboo3
09-23-2007, 09:47 AM
And the Indy Speedway race cars, too!!:mickey:

Meteora
09-23-2007, 11:40 AM
I went to Disney with two of my friends when we were in college, and we were able to sit together on a lot of rides. One piece of advice--if Spaceship Earth is open again and they haven't altered the ride vehicles, and if you'd rather sit in one row with your girls, have the smaller one sit in the middle seat. Before the rehab there was no headrest for the middle seat, so it could get very uncomfortable for a tall person when the ride tips all the way backwards--especially if it stops. I love Spaceship Earth but I was in agony and couldn't wait for the ride to be over.

As for Buzz, you can always go more than once and take turns being shooters!

We definitely all sat together on BTMR--I remember because I don't love roller coasters, so my friends sat on either side of me and held my hands. :blush:

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Having previously worked at Big Thunder Mountain, you ARE allowed to sit 3 in a row on it as well! :mickey:

Mary Poppins fan
09-23-2007, 11:46 AM
We're a family of 5 (me, DH, DS13 & DDs6) so we run into this problem alot. At MK other than the obvious ones we've fit 3 on Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Indy Raceway, Buzz Lightyear, Teacups (:sick:), Aladdin, Astro Orbiter (tight but doable with the small ones!). If I remember correctly we also had 3 in Peter Pan, Pooh & Snow White. (Note: my DDs are petite, so it all depends on how big your kids are! ;))