PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT Food and Wine crowds?

russk42
09-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Our next visit is the first week of october: can onyone tell me how the Food and Wine Festival will affect normal World showcase touring? we have 4 kids, and we like to stroll through the world in the afternoon and evening...we're not really interested in sampling the food and wine. How does the festival affect the walkability, etc?

Sportster
09-20-2007, 07:42 AM
You'll have no problem getting around. You may find a line about 6 - 8 people deep at some of the food kiosks. Other than that, you may find a small crowd or folks enjoying their samples here or there. I think the festival will add to your your stolling enjoyment...and you may have second thoughts about deciding to try some of the samples after you see and smell them!!

Maleficent's Dad
09-20-2007, 08:03 AM
I will give you one bit of advice - avoid Friday and Saturday evenings at EPCOT's WS. The afternoons are fine, and weekdays are fine, but the evenings on Friday and Saturday are not a good time to visit.

Last year I was there for the first weekend in October. EPCOT's WS was a zoo in the evenings. It was not fun, nor enjoyable. Lots of drunk people, incredibly long lines for samples of food. People were waiting 40 minutes + for a $4 appetizer!

Keep in mind, this was the weekend. I visited WS on Friday and Saturday evenings - lesson learned, never again during F&W Festival.

Lynn J Mc
09-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I found the evenings during F&W crowded with people who were drunk. I enjoyed touring the food kiosks at lunch time when the crowds were not there. The lines in the late afternoon and evening will definitely affect your ability to walk around WS. Take lots of patience. Try to do your touring as early in the day as possible.

NJGIRL
09-20-2007, 11:06 AM
We always go the last two weeks in October and I find during the day it is not crowded at all. The crowd picks up around 6:00 and stays that way until after the fireworks. I suggest you do future world until 11:00 then go get lunch in the world showcase and walk around for an hour or two. When your done return to future world and finish what you didn't do in the morning. Honestly with the exception of Soarin the wait times in Oct are for the most part very very short.

Natazu
09-21-2007, 12:06 AM
As a general rule, October is a light time for crowd levels since kids are back in school everywhere. The locals are what really pump up the volume. On weekdays, crowds are very manageable. The weekends get kind of busy. We try to avoid Epcot on the weekends and do most of our F&WF stuff and Epcot touring on the weekdays.

dad4wdwfun
09-21-2007, 02:42 PM
I have never been to EPCOT during the F&W Festival, so I can honestly say, "I don't have a clue." I will be there in 24 days and counting and I'm sure to find out the answer to your question. :D

tunascuba
09-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Did you know that each year, during the first weekend in October, there is a 10K that is ran on Sunday. It used to be called the Disney 10K Classic, but now is tied to the Food and Wine Festival and is called the Disney Race for the Taste 10k. This may have some effect on the lines at Epcot on Saturday and Sunday. The Race is on Sunday, the 7th this year. You can read more at disney sports dot com