PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Guest Relations

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-19-2007, 11:45 PM
We are in WDW right now. Loving our SSR stay. Everything about it. We are in the Grandstand section which is perfect for us. It is the first bus stop so we always have a seat, great with small kids. We have never waited for a bus more then 15 minutes, to and from the parks. Even after Fantasmic and MNSSHP last week. :thumbsup:

Anyway, as others have posted, MNSSHP on the 14th was a rain drenched event. We saw the fireworks, parade and Villans show but, were not able to trick or treat or see any of the characters since our DD was scared to death of the lightning and thunder. Since it was also our anniversary that day, DH and I debated all weekend about buying tickets to this Friday's party before we leave Saturday night. They had given us passes that night as we left for a one day pass for each of us, good for one year. (:party:)

So...off to Guest Relations in the MK on Monday to see if tickets were still available this Friday. (It is pretty busy here for September). DH went in while I stayed out with the kids. Out he comes with 5 tickets, kids and I are thrilled, and then tells me that they gave them to him for free since they considered that night a "rain out". :pixie:

We never expected that and are so appreciative. I even went back in and thanked the CM that gave them to us.

So....while we have seen lots of people with Dream Ears, Dream Fastpasses, etc, we feel pretty lucky too. (A family of 5 in WDW can get quite pricey...especially with the Castle package we did for DD before MNSSHP. Thankfully she can wear her Snow White dress again...you never saw it on the 14th...she never took her poncho off...lol)

Just wanted to share! :cloud9:

2Epcot
09-20-2007, 12:43 AM
Sounds like you're having a good time, even with the :rain: Wish I was there. :mickey:

merlinmagic4
09-20-2007, 12:26 PM
It's wonderful to read your grateful attitude. Some people would have expected free tickets but you were surprised and thankful. I think people like you have the best vacations because of that attitude.

Hope the rest of it is just as wonderful :cloud9:

illini
09-20-2007, 03:30 PM
It's wonderful to read your grateful attitude. Some people would have expected free tickets but you were surprised and thankful. I think people like you have the best vacations because of that attitude.

Hope the rest of it is just as wonderful :cloud9:

Big ol' ditto to that! It's nice to hear a ~lack~ of a sense of entitlement for a change. That is just so exciting that you get to go again for free. I'm very impressed w/Disney on that one!

Hope the rest of your trip is just as magical.