PDA

View Full Version : help, first time going in dec.

cfoshe
09-19-2007, 10:54 PM
I would like to know how busy the parks will be for the dates 22-24 dec. I know it get busier the closer it gets, but compared to July 4 week, last week in July first week in Aug. My DW just told me that she is book us a trip for dec for christmas. she is the best.

DDuck66
09-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Last Christmas we wnt the 23 to the 26th and it was very crowded. We took advantage of the morning EMH and were able to do the majority of the rides and attractions before it got wall to wall. The parks never reached capacity last year since we had rain showers but it was very crowded.

MushuMulan
09-20-2007, 11:22 PM
During all holiday's the parks are generally more crowded because the kids aren't in school, people are off work, and everyone is there to see the special things the hoiday events have to offer.

Expect big crowds as I imagine the crowds will be just as large, if not larger than the July 4th crowds.

Hopefully you're just going there to enjoy the Christmas theme and magic, the atmosphere is great. But if you're going there for the rides, good luck ;)!

cfoshe
09-21-2007, 08:11 AM
thanks,

we are going to ride HM. That is one that is a must this time. after that, but we really want to take in all the sights for christmas.

LoriMistress
09-21-2007, 02:48 PM
The parks will be extremely packed. Christmas Week/New Years are the most crowded times to be at the parks. If you plan to be at the parks at Christmas Eve/Christmas Day you HAVE to be at the parks BEFORE OPENING!!! I would check with your DW to make sure she has made any ADRs, because there is less likely chance you'll be able to walk into any TS or CM restaurant.

Which resort are you staying at?

disneycouple2004
09-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Hopefully you're just going there to enjoy the Christmas theme and magic, the atmosphere is great. But if you're going there for the rides, good luck !
quote from..
MushuMulan:thumbsup:

Parks will be packed...be ready..we will be there too..:D..MushuMulan is exactly right..see ya there enjoy.....

:crowd:

WDW1985
09-21-2007, 04:08 PM
That's historically one if not the most crowded time of the year (beautiful decorations), so bring lots of patience, plan your days well and use the fast pass option. Know what rides have them and make sure you get your fast pass tickets early in the day. Dispatch someone from you party with all of you park tickets to go and get the FP as soon as you get into the park. It will greatly reduce the frustration of long lines, because no one should be upset in Disneyworld!!!

Hope you have a great time! We'll be there in 32 days - can't wait!

:mickey:

traceyo1
09-22-2007, 08:28 AM
When we went, we got to the parks when they opened. We walked right on to Space Mountain and did all of tomorrow and fantasy lands by noon. However, when we walked out of Philharmagic at noon, we couldn't move. We had to grab on to each other like a train just to get out of there. We went back to the parks around 5/6 and they were crowded but at least we could move. I am still in shock over how easy it was early in the day and how packed it was in the afternoons.

LibertyTreeGal
09-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Evil crowded ;) however, if you are going in with the attitude of having only one "must do" ride and to see the sights, (as you mentioned!) I think you might have an absolutely fabulous time because it seems you have set yourself up properly.

I would definitely go to as many resorts as possible, as each has it's own theme and all are decked out.

However, at this point I wouldn't plan on eating in any of the sit down restaurants because they will already be booked to the gills.

have a wonderful time !

Meteora
09-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi there!

As others have said, the parks are extremely crowded during that time. However, doing everything you want is still entirely possible, as long as you manage your time effectively. My family goes during this time every year, and we have never had to skip something we wanted to do because of the crowds.

As others have said, use fast pass. In my family, my sister is the only one who really likes roller coasters, so we all use our tickets to get her a fp each to a thrill ride--that way, in MGM for instance, she can ride ToT and RnRC quickly and even more than once while the rest of us relax during her relatively short wait times. If you have a situation like that in your family, you might want to do that, Also use single rider lines when possible. I would also advise you to get there early (and make sure you avoid the park with morning extra magic hours, though during Christmas week the MK has them every day) and then leave around 1 or 2 when the crowds really swell. Then come back again in the evening. MK and Epcot will be far more crowded than the other two parks all week long, so factor that in. Also, the weather might be a factor--the parks tend to be emptier when it's raining or during frigid mornings. If you have your warm oats and umbrellas, you can brave the weather and be the only people in all of PotC like we were one year! Beyond that, have some line-playing games ready (my sister and I like Twenty Questions), and just try to have a good time! Don't let the crowds frustrate you. Think of line-waiting time as family togetherness time. Hee.

As for the decorations--just gorgeous. It's truly a magical time. And the holiday Wishes is lovely.

cfoshe
09-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Which resort are you staying at?

we are staying at Riverside for the first time. Two years ago we stayed at the French Quarter, I assume that they are simular. Thanks to all. We hare planning to get in as much as possible but knowing that we must go with the flow.