PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Halloween Treat [Merged Threads]

disney1026
09-19-2007, 10:38 PM
I love Halloween & Disney. My husband and I are going to be there in October. Has anyone ever attended the Halloween Treat event? If so, is it something that two adults would want to attend? Do the adults dress up too? I hope so...:mickey:

BrerGnat
09-19-2007, 11:52 PM
I have not attended yet, but I sort of get the feeling from all the advertising for it that it's mainly for kids. It's pretty much a glorified means to trick or treat...it's not on the same level as the MNSSHP at WDW. There are no special fireworks shows or anything, since it's at DCA. I'm sure it's all fun, and adults will enjoy it too, but primarily, it's a really neat place to trick or treat, not too much more than that. And, to be honest, I find the price to be very steep. I believe it was much cheaper last year. We will be holding off on this until next year at the earliest, when our kids will be 4 1/2 and 2 1/2. Right now, they don't even stay up that late at night!

Disney Babe
09-20-2007, 04:47 AM
For the specially ticketed Mickey's Halloween Treat that takes place in DCA, adults can dress up. They cannot enter Disneyland in costume, but children can.

Basically, it's just trick or treat and I don't think it's enough fun for adults to spend the extra bucks on.

How about doing the Happy Hauntings Tour?

NotaGeek
09-20-2007, 11:29 AM
For the specially ticketed Mickey's Halloween Treat that takes place in DCA, adults can dress up. They cannot enter Disneyland in costume, but children can.

Basically, it's just trick or treat and I don't think it's enough fun for adults to spend the extra bucks on.

How about doing the Happy Hauntings Tour?

Why would you assume it's not worth the extra bucks? Did you go to the event? It sounds like fun to me, I would pay the money and go for it.

I would personally not do the costume thing, but I am sure loads of people will -- at WDW I did the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and it was one of the best things I have ever done at a Disney park ... but seeing all the adults sans kids in costume was weird.

tinkwest
09-20-2007, 12:57 PM
I know there were some INTERCOT members, both with & without children, who attended MHT last year. So hopefully they will read this post and give you a run down of what it was like.

For guidelines on costuming read the story on the news page (http://www.intercotwest.com/news.aspx?newsId=188).

It is about $10 more than it was last year. I think it was more popular than they expected, so up went the prices!

Some dates are already sold out, all Fridays so far - 10/12, 10/19, 10/26, so don't wait too long to make your decision.

:mpumpkin:

Carol
09-20-2007, 06:02 PM
I would definitely go. In fact I'm making a trip West next Fall for that very reason. Disney private events are the best!

at WDW I did the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and it was one of the best things I have ever done at a Disney park ... So much so we're going twice this year! Woot. 19 more days, Michael!

DisneyLandMomma
09-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Definitely go!! It's is ALOT of fun!!

We have gone two years in a row and can't wait to go again this year. We LOVE it! When you enter the park, everyone is given a treat bag, my husband and I dress up and trick or treat with our daughter. You can go on rides and the lines aren't long at all.

JustDuckie
09-26-2007, 03:04 AM
We went last year and had a BLAST! DS was 2.5 at the time. We all wore black Halloween shirts and light-up devil horns. So while we weren't in total costume, we were at least in the spirit of the event.

We all enjoyed the live entertainment, the spooky theme, and of course the lesser crowds. This was DS's first official stint trick or treating and after the first few stations he got the hang of it and had a lot of fun.

We're going again this year and are looking forward to it. I bought the tickets in July when the AP price was only $24. Still a jump from last year when I think we only paid $19 per ticket, but I think the event as a whole will be worth it.

Disneyluvr2
09-26-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm going on Friday Oct 12th. I have my costume all ready and can't wait to go!!!!! Do they let adults trick or treat also? I won't have any kids with me but I'm a big kid at heart!:thumbsup:

DisneyLandMomma
09-27-2007, 03:55 AM
Do they let adults trick or treat also? I won't have any kids with me but I'm a big kid at heart!:thumbsup:

Everyone gets a treat bag when entering so YES you will be able to trick or treat!! :D

tinkwest
09-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm going on Friday Oct 12th. I have my costume all ready and can't wait to go!!!!!

Have a great time! :pumpkin:

JustDuckie
09-27-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm going on Friday Oct 12th. I have my costume all ready and can't wait to go!!!!! Do they let adults trick or treat also? I won't have any kids with me but I'm a big kid at heart!:thumbsup:
We're going on Friday Oct 12th too. They do let the adults trick or treat too. The coolest thing about the event is everyone gets to be a kid so it's perfect for kids at heart! :mickey:

Disneyluvr2
09-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Yea!!! I get to trick or treat! Hey, are you dressing up JustDuckie? I'm going to be a candy corn witch so look for me!:D

BklynChick
10-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Would love to get some feedback before I leave for DL...I have info on the 2006 version but curious to know if anything is changed/added for 2007.

Thanks!

tamquilts
10-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Not yet, but I'm going this Friday- Oct 12th! I can't wait!!! :mickey:

JustDuckie
10-08-2007, 02:05 AM
I'll be there this Friday too, but am curious to hear how it is from anyone who happened to attend one of the early events.

tamquilts
10-08-2007, 01:07 PM
I too am going this Friday, Oct 12th. I'm so excited!!! I made my DD a pirate outfit, but I will probably wear black and orange. If you see us I'll be wearing a pumpkin hat - and my DD will be a pirate in black and brown. Say hello! :party: