PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Day a zoo?

DISNEYFIX
09-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Who's planning a trip during Columbus day? Will it be packed? Are you doing MNSSHP? Where are you staying? This is some pre planning for '08.
Thanks
Chris

Dyanna
09-19-2007, 02:06 PM
We are arriving on Sat Oct 6th & leaving on the 12th. Staying at POFQ. From what I have been reading over the past year is that it will be very very busy even so that MK will be open until 3am on Sunday the 7th to accomodate the crowds. Seems that more & more southern states have a fall school recess during this time which makes for bigger attendance. We did not know this when we booked. However, we decited to keep our plans intact & just go with the flow. Will also be going to MNSSHP on Thursday the 11th. Can't wait!!:D

Tick-Tock
09-19-2007, 02:20 PM
We're doing a quick trip Oct. 4-7. MNSSHP on the 4th & 5th (we really like the party!:D), some Food & Wine events, and the Race for the Taste 10K on Sunday morning. I don't think it will matter much to us if the parks are busy, since Epcot never feels that crowded and that's mainly where we'll be other than MNSSHP.

carousel301
09-19-2007, 02:26 PM
We are going on October 6 to 13 staying at POR. We are going to the party on the 8th.

DisneyCrazed580
09-19-2007, 02:33 PM
We arrive late on October 5th and return home on October 14th and doing MNSSHP on Thursday, 10/11. We're staying at POR.
I expect Columbus Day to be busy and hopefully, the crowds will drop off a little by Tuesday.

TennesseeTink
09-19-2007, 09:27 PM
We are going Oct.6-13. We went Columbus Day week as well last year and I don't remember it being very crowded. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

DDuck66
09-20-2007, 11:16 AM
We are going for a long weekend on the Oct 4th to the 6th, attending MNSSHP on the 4th!!!! Hopefully the crowds for Columbus Day will not be too bad on Saturday.

Dracula766
09-21-2007, 11:37 PM
We are going for a long weekend on the Oct 4th to the 6th, attending MNSSHP on the 4th!!!! Hopefully the crowds for Columbus Day will not be too bad on Saturday.

See ya at MNSSHP!!!!

We'll be there the 4th-8th.

We are pretty nocturnal so we will definitely be taking advantage of the late night EMH :thumbsup:

julieunruly
09-23-2007, 10:13 PM
We'll be there the 3rd through the 9th but won't be doing MNSSHP this year. Hoping the crowds won't be too bad, but if they are, just happy to be in the world. :party:

-----------------------------------------------
Sept/Oct. 05-POFQ
Oct.-POP

:mickey:

momofdisneyprincess
09-24-2007, 04:45 PM
I go Columbus Day week every year (with the exception of this year) and the crowds have never seemed too bad. I actually thought they were better than the end of August but that could just be that the cooler air made the waits more manageable.

Iluvpooh
09-24-2007, 09:58 PM
We are not going that weekend, but I know 6 families from my church that are. When I know that many people going at the same time-it worries me about crowds.

CBMarks
09-26-2007, 07:24 AM
We will be there Oct 4th - 8th and had been told CBR was full, so I was a bit concerned as we have been in October in the past and really not that crowd. Columbus Day weekend would explain it!

But it's Disney and not work so I don't care how many people are there, I intent to have fun and party! :woohoo: We are having a magical gathering for my mom's 70th birthday and it will be great fun! :party:

Any day at Disney is better than a day anywhere else. 8 days but who's counting!
:wave:

DisneyCouture
09-26-2007, 08:55 AM
We're going Oct 3-12 and MNSSHP on the 5th. I was worried about the crowds being the holiday and all. I'm just happy to be going to the world so hopefully it won't be too bad. :fingers: