PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service Meals

jb1109
09-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Just wondering if I could get a little advice on which quick service restaurants to try throughtout the world. I have two children, DS 6 and DD 4. I noticed the the selections for them are pretty slim. We will be on the dining plan and so they need to eat off the children's menu. What are your suggestions for the parks. Also, are the quick service menus better at the resorts? We will be staying at the Poly for the first time. This will be my kids' first time to Disney World so I am getting very excited. We leave on Sept. 28th.

Thanks!!!!!!!

#1donaldfan
09-19-2007, 12:56 PM
We really liked the AK CS Pizzafari....

Epcot.....Yorshire fish N chips

MGM.....ABC commissary

MK ...... columbia harbor house

SAHDad
09-19-2007, 12:59 PM
For MK, we usually either go to Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bills. Of the two, Cosmic Ray's probably has more variety for all of you.

MGM, we go to Toy Story Pizza Planet, mainly because I refuse to try ABC Commissary again, after getting a mild case of food poisoning there.

AK used to be either Flame Tree BBQ or Tusker House, but with the various changes, next trip it will be either Flame Tree or we may try the new Yak and Yeti Market.

Epcot - we either eat at Sunshine Seasons (which I recommend highly), or choose one of the various QS places in the world showcase, depending on where we are when mealtime hits.

I haven't eaten at all of the resorts (who has?), but I don't recall the QS being substantially better at the resorts.

laprana
09-19-2007, 01:23 PM
I tnink some of the best quick service places are at the resorts. Captain Cooks at the Poly is great and really convenient when you're staying there! They have some hawaiian-type selections, like the Polynesian salad and a hawaiian pulled pork sandwich, but then they also have standard food like burgers and pizza, plus all the normal kids menu items. I think most of the counter service places at the resorts have their own special items to go along with the theme of the resort, along with the standard stuff. For example, at The Mara at AKL, they have some african style dishes like African stew and the Mara salad. At POFQ they have Beignets!:tasty: Plus, an added bonus to eating at the resorts' QS places is getting to see the resorts! :)

jszczur5
09-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Try Cosmic Rays at MK. You can get the 1/2 chicken and rib platter as one CS meal, so you can share a bit with the kids who will get very sick of the limited children's choices. The cheese pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express was also very good. Two children could easily share it. And the key lime pie is to die for. I don't even like key lime pie.

ElenitaB
09-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Taking into consideration the age of your children, I'd suggest the following:

MK - Pecos Bill's; Columbia Harbor House; if you're not going alone with the kids, you might consider Cosmic Ray's. If you're going alone with them, don't even try! It's possible to get a table here when it's just Mom and the kids. When I would go with my DS, we'd end up eating outside every time.
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons. Good choices for adults and kids
MGM - Backlot Express
AK - Pizzafari. My DS has always loved it there and the food choices are decent (though I can't understand why they no longer offer pizza for children)
DTD - Wolfgang Puck's Express. The kids can get excellent pizza here and the grown-up food is top rate.

crltkcagle
09-22-2007, 10:08 PM
We tried flame tree in AK and I found it to be very bland. Don't get me wrong it smelled really good waiting in line but when i took my first bite i was disappointed. to each his own i guess

bigbabyblues
09-23-2007, 10:12 PM
My boys are 6 and 4, but we don't do a lot of counter service meals. Their favorite c/s the entire 9-day trip this year was El Pirate y El Perico--they loved the kids quesadilla meal, and asked for it several times on the rest of the trip. However, El Pirate is only open "seasonally", whatever that means. This was the first trip that we've ever seen it open.

They also like the kids meal at the Cantina de San Angel in Epcot, I don't remember if it was soft tacos or quesadillas, but they enjoyed it as well.

Pizza Planet at MGM is a favorite there. They don't have a kids menu, so the kids are free to get whatever they want. My boys are able to split a "meal deal" there, it comes with a personal 7-inch or so pizza, a salad, drink, and desert (I think it was a cookie or something).

We've always been able to find something for the at the resort food court also.

Jared
09-23-2007, 11:11 PM
I will list my two favorite counter service restaurants at each park in order:

Magic Kingdom:
Columbia Harbour House
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

Epcot:
Sunshine Season Food Fair
Tangierine Cafe

Disney-MGM Studios:
ABC Commissary
Backlot Express