PDA

View Full Version : Crowds first week in October?

Tinkitude
09-19-2007, 08:29 AM
We are heading to Disney for the first week in October. I was hoping for low crowds, but I keep hearing about how the free dining has made it much more hectic and crowded. Is it still going on for the first week in October? We choose this time of year to beat the crowds, so I was just wondering. We'll have a great time either way.:mickey:

5fromabove
09-19-2007, 08:51 AM
We'll be there that week too! :party::mickey: The free dining is over by then, but the Food and Wine Festival will have started. We went the 2nd week of October 3 years ago and the crowds were moderate and quite manageable. I'm hoping for the same this time. Enjoy your trip! :)

Tinkitude
09-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Is that mainly an Epcot event?

Keep your fingers crossed for good weather.:mickey: We can't wait!!!

DDuck66
09-19-2007, 09:17 AM
We went the first week of October last year and the crods were not bad..typical crowds during the weekends but not bad during the week. We will be there starting Oct 4 for a long weekend and MNSSHP so we are hoping that the crowds are not bad.

Daisy'sMom
09-19-2007, 10:07 AM
We'll be there that week too! :party::mickey: The free dining is over by then, but the Food and Wine Festival will have started. We went the 2nd week of October 3 years ago and the crowds were moderate and quite manageable. I'm hoping for the same this time. Enjoy your trip! :)

We are meeting family there for the first week of October. WE are all staying at POP Century this time. I found that it does get busy around Columbus Day, but still a far cry from busy times.

Classic Mickey & Minnie
09-19-2007, 11:11 AM
We will be there also the first week of October. I'm hoping for low/moderate crowds too, however I have a feeling maybe not. It seems like there are a ton of things going on that week- Epcot Food & Wine, Little Ones Travel Time, Epcot 25th Anniversary, Epcot F&W Concert Series, MNSSHP. Let's all just hope for great weather to say the least during that week. :fingers:

disneycouple2004
09-19-2007, 11:29 AM
We were there last year that same week..Crowds were not bad at all..Epcot was because of the FWF. The other parks were not bad at all..of course the weekend was very busy, the weather was perfect !!...Great time to go :thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
09-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Wow, a lot of us went the first week of October last year. Surprising the parks weren't packed.;) But, as the others say, the crowds weren't bad at all in any park.