PDA

View Full Version : King Parrot Smoothies Teams Up with Disney

Figment!
09-18-2007, 10:50 PM
King Parrot Smoothies Teams Up with Disney

King Parrot Foods Press Release
9/15/2007

King Parrot Smoothies will feature four characters from the company's classic animated movie the Jungle Book, which will be available on DVD for the first time in November.

The move is yet more evidence of a significant change in approach for Disney as it responds to consumer demands for healthier food options.

The tie-up also represents an amazing coup for the manufacturer of King Parrot Smoothie, King Parrot Foods - a small, independent Liverpool based company.
King Parrot is the first ultra-healthy brand to link with Disney in the UK since the corporation's announcement in October of last year to start phasing out licensing agreements with food and drinks that fail to meet new nutrition criteria.

The launch comes hot on the heels of a recent report from the consumer watchdog Which?, which revealed 75% of parents think it irresponsible for companies to use cartoon characters to market unhealthy food and drink to children: 74% stated that it should be banned altogether.

King Parrot smoothies are available in four flavours, Mango Mania, Strawberry Fields, Raspberry Ripple and Blueberry Hill. One serving provides two of your recommended 'five a day' portions of fruit and vegetables, and the product contains only natural frozen fruit, fruit juice and low-fat yoghurt. Independent tests have revealed that each King Parrot smoothie contains up to four times more vitamin C than leading brands of chilled smoothies and less than 1% fat.
Noel Davis, King Parrot Foods said: "This is a massive deal for a young and independent brand like King Parrot Smoothies, and I'm very proud to be associated with Disney in this way. We predict that between the launch of the promotion and Christmas we will sell over three million units."

Noel continues: "I see King Parrot Smoothie as 'real' innovation in the freezer aisle. This type of product will start to beat the 'junk food' stigma associated with frozen food by offering a genuinely ultra-healthy alternative.

Noel concludes: "It's a big challenge but the fact that Disney have recognised the value of what we're doing gives us a massive boost both in terms of credibility and sales."

Jo Bladen, Executive marketing Director for Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment added: "King Parrot Smoothies are the natural fit for a promotion to celebrate the launch of The Jungle Book special edition DVD. We are sure that the packs will be very impactful in-store and will reach a large family audience".

The King Parrot Foods-Disney promotion runs from September to December 2007. Disney's Jungle Book, first released in 1967, will be released for the first time on DVD on November 5. Within jointly branded packaging, consumers have the chance of winning a luxury family holiday in Spain and 50 Jungle Book DVDs.

DisneyDudet
09-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Ok, I have to be honest, when I was thinking about this smoothie line, I automatically thought they were alcoholic. I believe I was wrong....

Sounds good though!