PDA

View Full Version : I need help PLEASE!

MickeysEars
09-18-2007, 09:01 PM
I leave Friday. We have tickets for MNSSHP and I had decided to me Minnie. I bought the shoes, ears and gloves from the Disney web site...I am a full figured girl so I didn't order the dress because I was afraid it wouldn't fit. I decided to turn an old maid of honor dress in to a Minnie dress, however when I tried to dye the dress it didn't take...and it shrunk So, now I have nothing!!! Does anyone have any ideas ?
Everyone in the family has a costume...I want tone too. Help!??!!

Belle619
09-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Ok, here is what I would do. First maybe try a second hand store to see what you can find that would be inexpensive and that you could alter (cut, sew, etc.) without feeling guilty for potentially runing a piece of clothing.

If that doesn't work, I'd go to a fabric store and buy some cheap material to make a Minnie dress. I have a sewing machine that I don't know how to use - so I'd say buy some heat and bond (if you are also not good with a sewing machine) to attach the fabric with. If it is just for one night, then it doesn't need to be that well made.

Good luck!

crazeedizneefinatic
09-19-2007, 08:59 AM
As far as the costume goes I am not too creative in that area sorry. I do have a tip for the shoes. If you purchased the ones from Disney, yellow and red with the velcro strap, pad the insides. 2 years back I did the whole thing, it looked really cute. By the end of the night I was practically crippled. The shoes feel comfortable at first but after walking all night at the park it was terrible. Put some extra padding at the ball of your feet, you won't regret it. I had trouble walking the rest of our vacation. Good luck on the costume!:mickey:

BrerSchultzy
09-19-2007, 09:16 AM
My wife was Minnie last year, and she got her dress from TJ Maxx. It was just a red dress with white polka dots.

If that doesn't work, why not find some overalls and be Minnie's country cousin. Or a nice evening gown, and tell everyone that Mickey's taking you out on the town later.

Either way, have fun!

Disney Doll
09-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Time to get creative. Hit your local fabric store and look into making your own dress. I have a Minnie dress that is very simple and looks easy enough to make. Nothing fancy, but it does the trick. If you are intimidated by the idea of making the dress maybe you could find a simple red dress at a discount store and glue white polka dots on it.