PDA

View Full Version : how hot is hot

readytogo2
09-18-2007, 06:13 PM
silly question im sure but how hot are the wings at ESPN Club i see they have hot and flame,

Natazu
09-18-2007, 11:20 PM
ESPN Hot is like Hooter's hot, but it doesn't mask the flavor.
"Flame" is too hot. Not because of the spice but because other than heat, there's little flavor. Hot isn't a flavor, it's a temperature. If something's going to set my mouth (at least) on fire, it better taste like something. The "flame" strips are bland other than the heat of the spice.

tyandskyesmom
09-19-2007, 01:07 PM
We had dinner at ESPN last Thanksgiving and gor the hottest wings (I think FIre but i could be wrong). We usually love them hot but we did not even finish. They smelled and tasted like they were fermented in pure vinegar! They are horrid. Stick with a step down...they are much better.

Maleficent's Dad
09-19-2007, 01:58 PM
ESPN's wings have, IMO, gone downhill.

We recently had them and they were dry. We asked for hot (not the hottest) and they were blistering hot. Never had that problem before. The wings were also overcooked and extremely dried out. Not very good eating.

On the plus side, they're about the only place we've been to outside of Buffalo where you actually get wings - not the tiny drumsticks and wingettes that so many restaurants try to pass off as wings.

I'm hoping I just hit them on a bad night as usually they're pretty good.