PDA

View Full Version : From Purchase to close

HOLITRIN
09-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes from the time you purchase DVC from Disney to time you close?

Ed
09-18-2007, 06:28 PM
On each of our purchases ( 4, so far! ) closing was held the same day, right in the DVC offices at Saratoga Springs. {Followed by FREE ice cream! :)} After that, it takes several weeks before you receive your actual deed, etc.

I haven't had any experience on purchases done by phone/email/snail mail... I'm sure someone else will chime in with that info.

:cool:

HOLITRIN
09-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks TiggTigg5. Unfortunately, this will be a long distance transaction and am interested in that aspect. But all I can say is WOW!!! to purchase and close in the same day. :D

I don't know of anything that moves that fast...;)

WRWDisney
09-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Our contract was sent out the first couple of days in September and while everything is taken care of, the contract actually says that closing will take place on or about October 30. I think realistically you are looking at almost 8 weeks.

You can start making reservations almost right away however:thumbsup:

Good luck!

Ian
09-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Ours took about 6 weeks or so, I think, doing it by mail.

SignguyTom
09-19-2007, 03:47 PM
We bought a resale at BWV - 175 points - by e-mail, fax, phone, snail mail. The process took about 6 weeks from start to finish. It was very easy, just a little slow. We saved about $1800 with the resale, as opposed to buying from Disney, when all was said & done. Good luck!

sillyolbear
09-19-2007, 03:53 PM
We bought SSR from home after our tour and it was in the four to six week time frame.

We found that Disney makes it pretty easy overall.