PDA

View Full Version : Best places for Wishes, Illuminations??

disneymomw_3boys
09-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Being a creature of Habit I seem to always watch Wishes from the end of main street just past the path that enters to Adventure land, this may be a good spot but is there another view I should take in:confused:.

Also, we seem to always watch Illuminations from the bridge in front of France. Maybe I should take in another view. Any suggestions....

Thanks for the help only 30 days and we will be back at WDW:party::mickey::party:

TKDONALD
09-18-2007, 05:34 PM
I like watching wishes from the main dtreet train station.:mickey:

It really dosnt matter to me where i watch Illuminations due to the fact that there really isnt a bad spot at the world showcase.

EPCOT Princess Horizons
09-18-2007, 06:04 PM
I like watching IllumiNations from Germany because of the great view of Spaceship Earth. There is just something magical about watching the fireworks and the IllumiNations globe and seeing Spaceship Earth in the background.:mickey:

pixiesmimi
09-18-2007, 07:01 PM
We had a terrible view of Illuminations this trip and I was very disappointed. There is a little courtyard (or whatever) down on the water just before you get to the bridge to France? UK? (not sure which) that looked like it would be a great place to watch. We went down early and sat on the planter where others were sitting with a good view of the water. We decided not to stand next to the rail so as to not block everyone else's view. Amazing how many people don't care about this. Just before the time for the fireworks, people started coming down and standing at the rails in front of everyone and no one could see the globe part of the show. My DH told me to stand up on the planter to see but I refused to do that out of courteousy to others. I just sat there and felt like crying because I couldn't see anything. Think of how the children felt. I had thought that we might sit on the steps going down or stand on the bridge and decided against that. We should have done that. A lot of others were. We would have had a much better view. Next time, I will stand on the bridge. We have viewed it many times from around Germany and Norway but thought maybe we could get a better view further around. I won't ever do that again. It is amazing how many adults will stand in front of children. I just wonder what has happened to manners these days. :(

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Wishes - Main Street between Casey's and Ice Cream Parlor. There is usually two pieces of tape on the ground that creates a walkway for those leaving. The first one is closer to the castle and everyone has to stand after it. The second one is about 5 feet back and everyone has to stand behind it. The second tape line is the best one, IMHO, because you have that space where no one's head will be in you way for photos, and it's also the best place for the perimeter fireworks. I personally hate standing behind the castle because a good portion of the fireworks go off from behind the park so if you are behind the castle, you will miss a lot of the show. I don't like being between the castle courtyard to the front of the first tape line because you're too close to the castle, which is very tall and usually blocks a lot of the fireworks that you can usually see from the end. I don't like the train station because the hub around the flagpole and the station stay lit up, and that means bright lights....that kinda counter the fireworks, but it makes for a better exit. So Main Street, between Casey's and Ice Cream Parlor, second tape line. Plus, this way, Walt is also looking over you shoulder because his window is there and as you turn to leave, he is the last one to say goodbye.

Illuminations - My personal favorite has a lot to do with my favorite pavilion and a culture that I study extensively - Japan. Between the Japan and American pavilions, there is a good bit of land with a perfect view of the lake and the globe will start out closer to you. Just be careful, as there is a cannon right there along that wall so if you don't like explosions....don't sit there. Plus the view of Spaceship Earth is nice. Down side? You miss a lot of the countries lit up...but personally, I've seen Christmas lights before.

Natazu
09-19-2007, 02:39 AM
We love to watch Wishes from behind the castle near Pooh's Playful Spot. It's a neat place because the fireworks are on both sides of you.

BigRedDad
09-19-2007, 03:45 AM
We decided not to stand next to the rail so as to not block everyone else's view. Amazing how many people don't care about this. Just before the time for the fireworks, people started coming down and standing at the rails in front of everyone and no one could see the globe part of the show. :(

This is just a lack of respect the general population has moved to. It is the ME Attitude and they believe they deserve something more than you.

The last time we were at MK, we thought the fireworks were an hour later than they were. We happened to be on the back side of the castle in Fantasyland. We were able to watch all of the fireworks and no one was there other than a few CMs. This was when they had E-Ride nights which may have had something to do with it.

For Illuminations, we either watched it from England or Mexico. We make ADRs early enough to wait for the good seats. We then have drinks, appetizers, etc until Illuminations.

Polynesian Dweller
09-19-2007, 12:00 PM
For Illuminations, we prefer near Norway at the railing just in front of the restaurants. There are no obstructions there.

For Wishes, since we stay at the Poly we almost always watch from the beach area. However, in the Park we have found a quieter spot in Tomorrowland near Cosmic Rays. Unobstructive views of all the fireworks, including those over the front of the castle.:mickey:

disneymomw_3boys
09-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks you all for your response. Its nice to hear about other peoples favorites:mickey:. You have all given some good ideas.

Sorry about the bad time for the person who was blocked out. Being 6"2 I am always consious about being infront of others during shows, so many times I find myself moving to the back or crouching.

As to peoples me attitudes, on our most recent trip I saw many sitting and waiting for the fireworks blocking the walkways and then getting angry when people were forsed to walk over them to get to an open area. Sometimes we just all need to think of others before ourselves. :thumbsup:

SandmanGStefani24
09-19-2007, 06:58 PM
it may not be ideal, but I loved watching wishes from outside the Frontierland Shootin Arcade. We had our own bench, nobody in front of us, and it seemed like the fireworks were right above us instead of in front of us. Plus, we had a speaker right over our heads so we could hear Mr Cricket loud and clear. Great place to see it from a different perspective!

Golf Grumpy
09-19-2007, 07:32 PM
I like to watch Wishes from 2 places. If you have the time.. go behind the castle next to Dumbo.. it is really cool. Otherwise, we like MS across from Caseys.

As far as Illuminations..depends on the wind. we usally watch from Germany around flame 10-11, but u need to watch the wind so you can get good air.

Jared
09-19-2007, 07:36 PM
We like watching Wishes from the Tomorrowland bridge or the train station.

I've watched IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth from several different nations and can't notice the difference. So long you're not behind a tree, it doesn't matter much.

If I had to choose, Norway and France are probably my favorites.

dolphinmickey9170
09-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Wishes! - I have two choices, first one was on the Wishes Fireworks Cruise. We got married just a few minutes before Wishes started, so of course, it holds a wonderful place in my heart. My second choice (they actually tie) would be from the California Grill, out on the walkway (http://travel.webshots.com/album/560331789VnKtcn?start=96). Start with this link, there are several pages of Wishes pictures. Both were fabulous, and nothing compares!

Illuminations - We really enjoy sitting at the R&C at an outside patio table having our dinner while we watch the show. I sat my camera on the fence post and got some great shots of Illuminations. (http://travel.webshots.com/album/560331789VnKtcn?start=192) This link takes you to several pages of Illuminations pictures.

85 more days.