PDA

View Full Version : Where to hide during fireworks?

Hayden's Dad
09-18-2007, 01:34 PM
My 23 month old son is not a fan of fireworks. Do the chacters still meet and greet during the fireworks in Toon Town? I am mostly concerned during the MVMCP. During most other days we can just leave the parks a little early to beat the fireworks going off since the park closes afterward, but we don't want to leave after the fireworks durning MVMCP. Thanks.

kakn7294
09-18-2007, 02:20 PM
I believe that the character meet 'n greets are still open during the fireworks. If not, you can always do some shopping - either the Emporium or County Bounty (that great gift shop in Toon Town) would work well. You could also consider taking in Mickey's PhilharMagic or the Country Bears as both should be open for the party and both should last long enough to cover the fireworks.

mermaidmarian
09-18-2007, 02:36 PM
We have sought shelter in It's A Small World during fire works with younger children.

krose78
09-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Get earplugs. It is usually the noise that they don't like and if you can get rid of that with the earplugs he should be fine.

threeh
09-19-2007, 04:36 PM
I got a pair of ear muffs for one of my DD for our first trip, I was afraid she wouldn't like the noise. We ended up watching the fireworks from the Poly beach a bit and she wan't too scared of the noise. I don't know if that is option, to leave and come back. The monorail loop is pretty cool during the fireworks and after you can see the water pageant.

Good luck!!:mickey:

mainemajor
09-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Mickey's Philharmagic would work and your child would be having a fun time and isn't that what its all about

jsw123
09-22-2007, 10:22 PM
In July, we were faced with this exact question with our DD3. Loud noises scare her (nothing else does!). She wanted to see the Light Parade at MK, which was beautiful! They had extra magic hours that night and you could walk on anything in Fantasy Land (in July!). We rode and rode---until the fireworks started at 10:00. We rode the Winnie the Pooh Ride because it went inside. Didn't last the duration, but there were enough commiserating toddlers and CMs in the gift shop to make it OK. Our original plan was Toon Town, but faced with no line on the Tea Cups, we couldn't say no! It worked out great. Will do for you, too! Have a great time!:mickey:

Bringonthemouse!
09-23-2007, 08:21 AM
We scooted into Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger spin. That worked great for us.
:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
09-23-2007, 12:22 PM
the first time we took DD to MK we missed Wishes because we were visiting with the princesses in toon town... so yes, it does stay open. :o)

Hayden's Dad
09-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Thank you all for the great suggestions