PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

berg
09-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Just wondering what this party is like? Are all the Majic Kingdom rides open during this time?

Strmchsr
09-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/mvmcp.asp) to find out everything you need to know in Info Central.

Bethis26fan
09-18-2007, 12:49 PM
And a personal note...It really is a lot of fun. We had a great time, so much we are doing it again this year. Last year it was how we ended our trip and this year it's how we are starting it.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-18-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm going to put myself out on a limb here and say, give it some thought before doing.

We've done it twice and it is very enjoyable, but, and there are several buts. The cost is an additional admission ticket, per person (close to $50 I think), not all rides are open, and some of the shows can be very crowded, and it's only for 4 or 5 hours.

The pros are that it's hard not to leave without being in the Christmas Spirit. They have free cocoa and cookie stations, there are 3-4 special shows a/o storytelling that are only presented during this special event, you get to see the parade that is the same as the one shown on Christmas and I think a special fireworks.

The park decorations are the same whether you are there for the special event or not. If you go thinking that you are going to blast thru all the rides it probably won't be quite that simple.

It's a great event, but having done it twice we are passing this year when we go down at the end of Nov., as it really doesn't change from year to year.

LoriMistress
09-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Well, with the new Castle Light show I'm sure MVMCP will be a bit different. Also, there is a new parade but who knows if the sets, music, etc. will be different. Though, DH and I have never attended MVMCP, but we will be attending for two MVMCP this December!