PDA

View Full Version : Water Mouse to view MK Fireworks

Minnie4me
09-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Is it possible to rent a Water Mouse from the Poly or another resort to view the MK fireworks from the lagoon??

If so, has anyone done this??

Thanks!

tikiman
09-18-2007, 09:30 AM
They stop renting the boats before dark so it would not be possible.

Sorry

ibrowse17
09-18-2007, 09:41 AM
That's true. The only way to see the fireworks from the water would be to take a fireworks cruise. The regular transportation boats do not stop for fireworks.:mickey:

KylesMom
09-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Yep, from what we've seen, most of the marinas stop service around 4. I'm certain that safety is the reason. Imagine the potential for disaster with people cruising around in the dark in little water mice with the large transport boats and the Electric Water Pageant making the rounds.

Polynesian Dweller
09-18-2007, 01:29 PM
The water mice don't have running lights on them so they can't be used at night. From what we can see from the Poly, there are enough close calls during the day without adding darkness to the mix.

Figgyluv03
09-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Since visability is very limited once it gets dark, they do not offer the water mice. We went out once for Lifeguard Trainging from Ft. Wilderness and the guy who was driving the boat had a hard time coming back in and he rides on the lake all the time, so it's not good for the guest to be out there. I believe there are special cruises that you can attend, but I don't have much details in for that.