PDA

View Full Version : Where to watch Steelers at WDW

Crow
09-17-2007, 08:56 PM
i know someone has asked before where to watch the games..should i take time out of the parks to watch a game? where?
ESPN? i dont have ADR on SUnday the 23 so i could snack there but it may b crowded?

iheartmickey
09-17-2007, 10:01 PM
My DH was just asking me this question ..... I'm interested to find out too,:thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
09-17-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm pretty sure that ESPN doesn't take ADR's. I am pretty sure that you can go there and get a table, just come early. They also have some chairs set up right below the "command center" where you can watch the game. There's always the bar area, but I'm sure if you arrive early, you can snag a table.

Is the restaurant open yet at the Wide World of Sports? That can be an option. There is a bus from MGM to DWWoS.

sainter
09-17-2007, 11:40 PM
ESPN is a good choice if you have decided to take time out from the parks. You would need to be there early.

Where are you staying? We watched in the food court at All Star Sports once -- that actually worked out well. The kids could go to the game room if they didn't want to watch anymore and there was food and drink right there.

I would think that there are other bars on the Boardwalk that carry games as well.

kakn7294
09-18-2007, 02:35 AM
This subject is right up my alley! We've had the pleasure of watching 3 Steeler wins at WDW! If it's a nationally televised game, you can watch pretty much anywhere in the World where there is a tv - your room, resort lounges (although you are at the mercy of whatever everyone else is watching), the All Star Cafe at Wide World of Sports, or my fave the ESPN Club. If it's not a nationally televised game, All Star Cafe or ESPN are your only choices unless you go off-property. The ESPN Club does not take ADR's and is on a first come, first served basis. There are 2 sides to the place - a TS restaurant where you will be seated by a host or hostess and a bar where there is self-seating. Most likely, there will be a line outside and seating will start shortly before kick-off although you may be able to enter the bar side without waiting. You should arrive at least 30 - 60 min before the game and NFL Sundays are very busy. They try to seat you so you can see the screen broadcasting your selected game and they don't rush you out though - you can stay and watch the entire game (but those wooden seats are hard and the tushie falls asleep before halftime!). It's a lot of fun to kid around with the fans of other teams and it's a good place for the kids too if you have any that will be traveling with you. You can PM me if you have any other questions. GO STEELERS!!!!

BritCody
09-18-2007, 07:24 AM
I would agree with Kathy your best bet will be the ESPN Club and you will have to arrive early. Looking at the schedule there are 9 games at 1:00 on Sunday and the Steeler game doesn't look to be the national game. So I would try and get to the ESPN Club early. The last time I was at the ESPN Club was a weekday and I was floored as they had on Stan Savaran and Sports Beat, it was great. Go Steelers!!!

iheartmickey
09-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks so much for the info!

After reading responses I thought that I should go check out the NFL schedule to see how many games are playing ... so I know when to send DH to ESPN Club.

I checked and saw that DH's game is at 4 and that their are only 4 games at this time. Then I realized the Jets are playing the Bengals .... DH is a Jets fan and I'm from Cincinnati originally, and my mom (who still lives in Cincy and is a Bengals fan) is coming on this trip with us. OH Boy!!! I guess DD and I are going to go out by ourselves on Sunday! LOL!

kaylamag
09-18-2007, 08:30 AM
My husband is worried about where he is going to watch the Superbowl while we are at Disney. I suggested the ESPN Club, but now i'm thinking that for such a big game it will be hard to get into. He's probably better off watching it in our room.

vamaggie
09-18-2007, 08:42 AM
My husband is worried about where he is going to watch the Superbowl while we are at Disney. I suggested the ESPN Club, but now i'm thinking that for such a big game it will be hard to get into. He's probably better off watching it in our room.

I wonder if WDW (besides ESPN) does anything for Super Bowl. When we have been at other resorts that weekend, they usually have a variety of venues to watch at. (inc some "family friendly" and non smoking ones)

faline
09-18-2007, 09:01 AM
I wonder if WDW (besides ESPN) does anything for Super Bowl. When we have been at other resorts that weekend, they usually have a variety of venues to watch at. (inc some "family friendly" and non smoking ones)

You might be interested in this prior discussion (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=113540&highlight=super+bowl).

DisneyLuvRSince76
09-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Okay, so I was just glancing at the TV listings for this coming Sunday, to make sure that the Steelers game was being shown in Orlando...

- The only game listed at 1 pm is St. Louis @ Tampa -

So, I guess that DH will be watching the game at the ESPN club on Sunday. The game is at 1pm and dinner is not until 7:15, so he should be okay.

Crow
09-18-2007, 10:15 AM
ESPN. at 1 i guess.
ive never been in there so will try some snacks....although i could just get something at Epcot w CS credit then go there..
hope good :beer:on tap

Deansgal85
09-18-2007, 11:00 AM
What about watching games at ESPN on Thanksgiving day.....???? Will they be extremely busy or do you think we could go there for a few hours and catch a game?? THANKS!

kakn7294
09-18-2007, 05:38 PM
What about watching games at ESPN on Thanksgiving day.....???? Will they be extremely busy or do you think we could go there for a few hours and catch a game?? THANKS!One of the other members of the boards said she and her family went to ESPN last Thanksgiving to watch the Bears game and it was not busy at all.

tyandskyesmom
09-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Yep, for Thanksgiving 2006 we went for dinner around maybe 5pm (can't remember for sure) and it was the least crowded we have ever seen it. We were afraid it would be crazy but it wasn't. In fact, in the main dining room there were open tables throughout our whole meal and we did linger a while (partially for us and partially for the waiter). Don't count ESPN out on Thanksgiving!

However, we have also tried to get into ESPN for a regular Sunday game. We walked over from Epcot about an hour before the first game was to start (not being opicky about what game we wanted to be there for) and as soon as we could see the club we could also see the line to get into the club...I don't recall there being any "big" game going on that time or anything either so on the average Sunday it was packed! If you need to be there for a certain game, make sure you allow for a possible wait to get in. I guess it may just depend on the day.

104 more days!

r4kids
09-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Reading this thread has made me thankful the Redskins have a bye the week we are there. WOOHOO, we won't miss any games. We will be at my sisters this weekend so hopefully we'll catch the game there and then the bye next week. GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!:thedolls:

#1donaldfan
09-19-2007, 09:39 PM
That's why we go in the summer...to not miss any Steelers.....actually no we don't we go "around" school and the kids sports.....girls basketball, softball, and boys baseball, football and basketball.....whew.....a lot of running....the game is on Fox at 1pm playing the 49ers.....I just wanted to reply to say a "hey" to another Steeler fan......We should win pretty handily....so if on an off chance you miss it, you most likely won't be missing too much.....I'll tape it for you.....ha,ha....have a great trip.....I'll just sit at home and watch the game......

Crow
09-20-2007, 06:28 AM
and then theres the problem of the 30th..thats my last day at WDW and if i try to watch the game then i miss out on the parks. even though i have a late flight.
guess i will try to watch at ESPN on the 23rd on a time out from Epcot.
woooo this time tomorrow ill b at the airport!
(that sounds stupid, being excited to b at an airport but..)

sainter
09-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Sound stupid?? NO way! I would be dancing if I was going to be at an airport Florida bound tomorrow! :party: Have a GREAT trip!!

dad4wdwfun
09-21-2007, 03:44 PM
Why would anyone in their right mind EVER want to watch the Steelers!! You are better off sitting in IASW for the entire day and then spending the night in the TIKI room with the Stich burp smell in your nose the whole time.

LibertyTreeGal
09-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Well, the last time I was at WDW, I watched it in the bar at the contemporary while my family was eating at Chef Mickey's.

And we won, against the Seahawks, heheheheheh.....

Of course, it's easier to find a game on one of the televisions when it's Superbowl Sunday :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
09-23-2007, 11:05 AM
1) I don't know if you can get Steelers games down here.
2) In fact, what are Steelers?
3) Wait, I remember.
4) Aren't they someone
. . . who is above the Mason-Dixon Line?
. . . who is a team not in the SEC?
. . . who is named for other than an animal or Indian?

NOTE: Did I forget to mention that I am originally from Cleveland?

Pluto23
09-25-2007, 10:58 AM
1) I don't know if you can get Steelers games down here.
2) In fact, what are Steelers?
3) Wait, I remember.
4) Aren't they someone
. . . who is above the Mason-Dixon Line?
. . . who is a team not in the SEC?
. . . who is named for other than an animal or Indian?

NOTE: Did I forget to mention that I am originally from Cleveland?

Boo Browns :ack:, Go Steelers!! (Burgh girl here) :thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
09-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Boo Browns :ack:, Go Steelers!! (Burgh girl here) :thumbsup:

Another Pittsburgh gal here -- born at St Claire's :mickey:

And Cleveland... hmmm.... isn't that the city whose team finally left them for Baltimore? I mean, as bad as the Browns were, even they couldn't stand it there.....:thedolls:

rwdavis2
09-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Why would anyone in their right mind EVER want to watch the Steelers!! You are better off sitting in IASW for the entire day and then spending the night in the TIKI room with the Stich burp smell in your nose the whole time.

OH, REALLY? :D