PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan with AP...sorry!

Christine
09-17-2007, 08:45 PM
I am so sorry to ask a question that I know I remember seeing before, but when I tried to search for posts I got a billion results and started to get confused hunting for my answer.

Could someone please tell me how you can get the Dining Plan when you're an Annual Passholder?

Thanks SO much and this time I will try to remember! :blush:

chechas
09-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Only way I know of is the same for everyone else - pay rack rate for your room by booking a Magic Your Way package and add Disney Dining Plan(DDP) to the package. If you get Annual Passholder discount on room then you can not add DDP. If you book during a free dining period then I was told by Disney reservations that you can just get a 1 day MYW park pass and apply it to AP renewal if you don't use the day (well you can do this with out without free dining)

DizneyRox
09-17-2007, 10:14 PM
In order to get the DDP , you must book a package. A package includes room and MYW tickets. The tickets can currently be any length, BUT you MUST purchase tickets. Now that you have a package, you can add the DDP to it. In the past, there have been "free" offers, but the stipulation is you pay rack rates for rooms.

You CAN NOT use your AP to get discounted rooms and add the DDP to it. That would defeat the purpose (well, it would remove some profit from Disney).

What people with APs often do, is get the package and get a one day base ticket. Pocket that one day ticket for a future visit (or if you don't have an AP yet) or you can upgrade that single day ticket to an AP for the difference in price.

That one day ticket WILL NOT expire.

Rumor is that Disney has caught on to this and will soon require that the MYW tickets equal the number of days (or nights) you are staying in which case the advantage of the AP becomes far less.

Christine
09-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Thank you! Again, sorry for the repeat.

RALPH
09-18-2007, 06:54 AM
I don't know if this helps, but we get the AP dining card with our AP. It cost $75 I believe and entitles you to 20% off most meals. I'm not sure of all the details as DW handles this, buit it saved us a lot of money last trip.

wendy*darling
09-18-2007, 07:34 AM
I don't know if this helps, but we get the AP dining card with our AP. It cost $75 I believe and entitles you to 20% off most meals. I'm not sure of all the details as DW handles this, buit it saved us a lot of money last trip.
Ralph- that's the Disney Dining Experience card and it saves you 20% on most table service restaurants, including 20% on alcoholic beverages.
It's an excellent deal available to AP holders, and I think is a good substitute for the DDP for AP holders.

Crow
09-18-2007, 10:31 AM
yes the DDE. i had it one year and saving on :beer::marg:is good. tried the DDP this yr for first time.
if i upgrade my MYW pass to AP when im there in a few days, i will probably get a DDE card.
just thinking..if i wait to get a DDE til i go next yr, then it may still b good even if i dont renew AP for another trip...
i think AP discount on rooms would b better for me than rack rate n free dining..i have to think more. of course their mayb a good deal on MYW pkg then add dining if u want.
what the DDP did for me was give me more food than im used to. also i ate dinners more than lunch since it was paid
wo DDP i ate bigger meals at lunch and some buffets