PDA

View Full Version : What park on Fri, 10/26 arriving in the PM?

deva
09-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Okay, this is a bit of a long question. Park planning experts please advise:

My family (with a 6 and 2 year-old) will be arriving on Friday, 10/26, ready to go to parks around probably 3:30.

The www.touringplans.com crowd planner says the best park is Animal Kingdom, but it closes at 5:00, so that doesn't make much sense.

The crowd planner says to avoid :
1. Epcot (closes at 12:00 evening magic hour),
2. Magic Kingdom (closes at 7:00. It has Mickey's NNS Halloween party), and
3. MGM (closes at 7:30. The crowd planner lists Friday as MGM's busiest day).

The unofficial guide says normally that at Epcot Friday is a good day, but the evening EMH may ruin this line of thinking.

My question is: given all of this information, what park should we go to when we arrive?

Is Epcot a good choice? Has anyone been to Epcot on an evening emh on a Friday during October? I've read a lot of differing reports about evening EMH crowds at Epcot. How will the crowds be from 3:30 to 7:30 on attractions geared towards kids?

Given all that is going on at Epcot (EMH) and Magic Kingdom (MNSSHP), will MGM really be crowded? As I said, the crowd planner says Friday is the busiest night; has anyone been there on a Friday night? MGM has EMH on the following Saturday and Sunday, will this thin the Friday night crowd?

Given MNNSHP, how bad will MK be from 3:30 - closing? There is no Wishes fireworks on this night?

Should we skip parks altogether on Friday given the pending crowds?

I know this is a lot of info. I need your expertise to help me make the right decision. Please provide specific advise if you have experience on a similar night.

Thank you.

mcjaco
09-17-2007, 05:16 PM
If it were me, and I've done the same thing with a later afternoon flight, I'd skip out on the parks. I think you'll find yourself either rushing, or wandering aimlessly.

Typically, I just relax at the pool that first evening/day I arrive. Charge the batteries for the rest of the week. :thumbsup:

deva
09-17-2007, 05:22 PM
good point mcjaco, but I forgot to mention we are leaving Monday at noon & don't have a lot of days.

Kairi_7378
09-17-2007, 05:28 PM
With the age of your kids I imagine that you will spend the majority of your time at the MK. I would definately plan on having a full day there. You may be able to hit a few highlights in EPCOT on Friday. AK is definately not a good choice.
I've been very happy with the advice in the Guide and touringplans.com but found that I had to ignore their advice on arrival day. Your kids are going to want to do something after behaving on the trip so I would definately trip to do a park.

pook@wdw
09-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Depending on where you're staying and what kind of passes you have, would determine (for me) what park to do. I'd skip AK regardless due to early closing hours. Even though MK closes for the MNSSHP, you would still have time to do some Fantasyland, if you could get there relatively quick. Disney Studios IS usually busier on week-ends, as are all the parks, so don't let that deter you. Epcot WS stays open a little longer that FW to allow for Illuminations, so maybe you could catch that show. Good Luck and have a "Magical Journey"! :thumbsup:

ISLE39
09-17-2007, 07:34 PM
ill be in mk that night for mnsshp. how botu you buy tickets to that party for your kids for that night you can get into the mk on that ticket at 4pm and stay til midnight
or you can go to downtown disney got for a pool dip or just relax instead of going to the parks for such a short time

laward32
09-17-2007, 09:06 PM
We arrive at 7:15 on Oct 26th. We are staying at Saratoga Springs, so I think we may just go eat at Planet Hollywood and then maybe do a little shopping if there is time.
Can't wait 38 days and counting!!!