PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Dining Plan 2008 Question

Goes4FastPass
09-17-2007, 04:55 PM
This may have been clarified elsewhere.

At Info Central
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/default.asp
the description of the Deluxe DDP (DDDP?) says "Includes Three Meals (ANY combination of Quick Service or Table Service).

So does this mean 3 TS credits per night, or to put it another way, 1 Signature Meal, 1 TS meal (and 2 snacks) per resort night booked??

I could seriously enjoy having a signature meal every day, at least for a short stay. Otherwise, I think I'd pop.

Samtastic
09-17-2007, 05:18 PM
i'm almost 100% positive that's what it is. sounds good right??? Now I can't wait until the next trip (the one after this one) to get the delux--I'm reading all these reviews and it's making my mouth water and rethink doing the basic. But it's all we have money for now, and already made the ressies (great places anyway).

Good luck and enjoy the good food!!

TheDuckRocks
09-18-2007, 10:51 AM
So does this mean 3 TS credits per night, or to put it another way, 1 Signature Meal, 1 TS meal (and 2 snacks) per resort night booked??

I could seriously enjoy having a signature meal every day, at least for a short stay. Otherwise, I think I'd pop.

Yes, you've got this exactly right! :high5: My hubby and I are going to take a short trip in Dec. 2008 and use the Deluxe Dining Plan with the purpose of going to all signature restaurants for dinner. We will use the 1 other TS credit a day for either lunch or breakfast and the snack credits in case we are straving from lack of food.:funny:

Natazu
09-19-2007, 06:47 AM
That is our plan also. Sig dinners and 1TS lunches, snacks and leftovers for breakfast. I've always wanted to experience Disney's signature offerings.

Crow
09-19-2007, 08:02 PM
That is our plan also. Sig dinners and 1TS lunches, snacks and leftovers for breakfast. I've always wanted to experience Disney's signature offerings.

no youve never tried those right?
ill b at 3 of them in a few days.:thumbsup:
if i did the deluxe plan, thats how i would use it

TheRustyScupper
09-20-2007, 11:47 AM
. . . So does this mean [U3 TS credits per night, or to put it another way, 1 Signature Meal, 1 TS meal (and 2 snacks) per resort night booked??

1) Yep.
2) That is what it means.
3) Of course, Disney knows you will do that.
4) Hence, the pricing.
5) Sample Cost Breakdown
. . . price of Deluxe DDP = $69.99+ $4 tax
. . . 2-snack approx = $8
. . . CS or lite TS = $14 to 20
. . . remaining $44 to $50
6) Sample Signature Meal at Artist Point
. . . Buffalo Steak = $34
. . . Cobbler Dessert = $8
. . . Tax = $4
. . . Total = $46
7) Getting a lot harder to make out on the DDP.
8) A least there is a marginal savings is planned correctly.

Hammer
09-20-2007, 01:21 PM
1) Yep.
2) That is what it means.
3) Of course, Disney knows you will do that.
4) Hence, the pricing.
5) Sample Cost Breakdown
. . . price of Deluxe DDP = $69.99+ $4 tax
. . . 2-snack approx = $8
. . . CS or lite TS = $14 to 20
. . . remaining $44 to $50
6) Sample Signature Meal at Artist Point
. . . Buffalo Steak = $34
. . . Cobbler Dessert = $8
. . . Tax = $4
. . . Total = $46
7) Getting a lot harder to make out on the DDP.
8) A least there is a marginal savings is planned correctly.

Slight correction, Rusty. You receive an appetizer with the deluxe plan. Using your example, I would add the Penn Cove Mussels (as I really liked how they are prepared) at $12 to your Artist Point dinner.

AvonleaCF
09-20-2007, 03:25 PM
If you're willing to take the time for all the sit-down meals, you could save.

Cost per person = $69.99

Breakfast at Kona:
Ent - Big Kahuna - $11.99
Bev - Juice - $2.29
TOTAL - $14.28

Dinner at Yachtsman:
App - Scallops - $13
Ent - Rib-eye - $42
Des - Creme Brulee - $8
Bev - Soda - 2.29
TOTAL - $65.29

Snack:
Sundae - $3.99
Dole Whip Float - $3.99
TOTAL - $7.98

TOTAL - $87.55

I didn't factor in tax, and you still have the gratuity to add, but the savings are there. And, as always with the plan, the more expensive the food, the more you save.

But then you have to think another way: if you didn't have the plan, would you still eat that much? In other words, would you normally spend up to $69.99, per person, per night? That's what you really have to figure. If you're happy having a Mickey bar for lunch, a pretzel for snack, and a hamburger for dinner, then you really aren't saving anything. If you'd eat all those sit-down meals anyway then it's worth it.

Goes4FastPass
09-20-2007, 03:40 PM
( I think AvonleaCF slipped in an appetizer on us.)

My 'objection' here is, you must purchase all of this eating for every night you stay.

A person who eats a signature dinner and a table service dinner and 2 snacks every day is spending a lot of time eating.

I happily travel to Orlando for world class attractions like EE and ToT and SpMtn.

I have yet to have any single food item anywhere is all of Walt Disney World that I can't get close to my home. Well, OK, grapefruit cake. I can't get that in Charlotte.

I've said before, I've rarely had a meal at WDW that was a big dissapointment. But I don't consider eating the most important thing in my life.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, I plan to but the Deluxe DDP and I make I use every single credit. - and it saves me a few dollars over OOP. Doesn't it make senss to expect Disney to be glad to 'discount' those few dollars in order for me to commit to eating $70+tip of food each day?

Reconsidering, I think we'll probably pay OOP next trip...

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-20-2007, 04:06 PM
After much thought and discussion, we decided to book the Deluxe Dining Plan for our May trip.

Even though we weren't 100% sure we'd "make" money, we figured that being able to try all of the "expensive" restaurants that we talked ourselves out of other times made it worth it.

Like so many, we can't do 3TS a day...we'd be sick, but a Signature and a TS sound awesome! For us, it wasn't about the $$, but the experience, and I'm already looking forward to meals like the Brown Derby that we've passed on before.

I love the idea of ALL of our food being paid for...we don't have to budget any extra:thumbsup:

AvonleaCF
09-20-2007, 05:00 PM
( I think AvonleaCF slipped in an appetizer on us.)

If you read the official guidelines, an app is included in the delxue plan.

tyandskyesmom
09-20-2007, 06:55 PM
And on the Deluxe plan each person gets a refillable mug too...for us that is saying us $48.00 too.

I had considered the Dining Plan for our next trip and I really like the idea of the Deluxe plan over the regular one. That plan is where we would save money but it really would not be about saving money as much as it would be about pre-paying our meals and getting meals that we would generally not eat. For my DH especially, part of a vacation is eating so that would be our benefit to this plan. I really don;t think Disney sported the DDP as a "Discount" plan but just a pre-paid meal plan. So if you break even, you did good.

Now, granted, most people do not eat that way on a regular basis so if you are worried aout too much food or comparing to how much you would normally spend (because believe me we would never spend the $200 a day every day if a vacation that we would pay for the Deluxe plan on a regular basis!) then the DDP is not for you.

If you do not like the plan, don't use it. If you do, enjoy!