PDA

View Full Version : Disney CFO: No new U.S. park in 'forseeable future'

brothermoose
09-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Message originally posted by brothermoose on 09-17-2007 at 02:30 PM

From Marketwatch
http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7bBB93C3F3-AA06-4367-ADA8-3BC3074ECDDC%7d&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

Let the rampant speculation begin!

I love the idea of another park as a overload valve for the perpetually crowded two parks.

I would love to see a park near Dallas.

I'll call it "Disney Frontiers". Make it very Southwest style with a dude ranch flair. Bring back Mickey with the musket and coon skin cap!

I can dream can't I! :mickey:

Message updated by brothermoose on 09-17-2007 at 05:02 PM:

I was tricked!!!

The original article was corrected!!!

The original quote was the he DID see a new theme park in the future.

After I posted it they corrected it. No I look silly. Oh well I am used to it. :blush:

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Considering that WDW has only 1/3 developed I think they'll develop the other 1/3 before they build anymore parks in the US.

GrumpyFan
09-17-2007, 02:58 PM
From Marketwatch
http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7bBB93C3F3-AA06-4367-ADA8-3BC3074ECDDC%7d&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

Let the rampant speculation begin!

I love the idea of another park as a overload valve for the perpetually crowded two parks.

I'm confused, the article you referenced stated: Chief Financial Officer Thomas Staggs said Monday there were no plans by the company to develop another major theme park in the United States in the "foreseeable future". What speculation can we draw from that?

SBETigg
09-17-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm confused, the article you referenced stated: Chief Financial Officer Thomas Staggs said Monday there were no plans by the company to develop another major theme park in the United States in the "foreseeable future". What speculation can we draw from that?

My thoughts exactly!

DizneyRox
09-17-2007, 03:19 PM
It's an open door... Word choice is the reason, unfortunately, people will run with it.

"no plans for a major theme park" - What about a minor one?

"forseeable future" - How long out is that? I'd give them 5 years. After that, who knows.

Ian
09-17-2007, 04:42 PM
It's an open door... Word choice is the reason, unfortunately, people will run with it.

"no plans for a major theme park" - What about a minor one?

"forseeable future" - How long out is that? I'd give them 5 years. After that, who knows.Exactly.

Although, I actually believe him. I don't think they have any plans at all for a major new domestic theme park any time in the near future.

I do think, however, that we'll see a new, smaller third gate added in DL at some point.

lockedoutlogic
09-17-2007, 09:04 PM
They already have 2 subpar parks in WDW (and 1 very bad one in DL)...why complicate that by adding another over budget and ultimately incomplete park?

That is very good management to not add anything beyond enhancements at this time....Eisner was irresponsible in much of the later expansion at WDW during his mad scientist reign....

Let's hope the mistakes were learned from.

Those that create and run with E-rumors about new parks simply have no idea what a tremendous planning, construction, cost, and logistical issue that new parks from Disney create.....and Disney is a profit driven, public company....

...you can't logically say that a park is needed in WDW....

...but it really doesn't matter as there is a lot to improve that is up and running already.

The management seems committed to strengthening the property and raising the overall level of satisfaction and excitement for what's already there....
...which probably represents the best decision at WDW since the mid 90's.