PDA

View Full Version : buy laundry detergent at Pop?

septembergirl
09-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Is it available at Everything Pop or near the laundry facilites. I can't find any detergent small enough to pass security at the airport...I only want to do one or two loads so I would love to find some individual packets or something...

Mickey'sGirl
09-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Have you considered packing pre-measured load amounts in zip loc baggies in your checked baggage? This is what I always do, and toss in a box of fabric softener sheets. Nothing takes up too much room, and I have the brand I want when I need it at a fraction of the cost :thumbsup:

wilcat
09-17-2007, 02:53 PM
If you have a laundromat in you area, why don't you go and buy some of the one load packets they usually have in their vending machines? It may be less expensive that way and maybe small enough for your carry on.

Cathy

thrillme
09-17-2007, 03:18 PM
The last time I was at the Pop they had a vending machine.

When we went on our trip up "North" this year I bought a little travel sized thing of Tide at Target. It was PERFECT. If you're really worried about it coming loose in your suitcase (I had NO problem at all) put it in a big ziplock. Yes you'd have to PACK it in your check luggage. If you're not taking checked luggage then you could also use powder in a baggie it you want. If it spills...no big deal. Shake it off and carry on. The powder is no problem to take onboard.

The tide travel thing was just really CUTE. It held 4 loads. Throw a couple of dryer sheets in your luggage too. You really don't even have to put them in a bag or anything. It makes everything smell fresh...

septembergirl
09-17-2007, 04:04 PM
If you're not taking checked luggage then you could also use powder in a baggie it you want. If it spills...no big deal. Shake it off and carry on. The powder is no problem to take onboard.

We are not taking any checked luggage so this is what I have done but I was unsure if it would be a problem to get through security. I am glad to know you made it okay. I usually use liquid and I forgot I even had the powder in my cabinet!

39 more hours!!!:mickey:

thrillme
09-17-2007, 04:17 PM
usually use liquid and I forgot I even had the powder in my cabinet!

39 more hours!!!:mickey:

Have a great trip. I kinda suspected you were taking only carryons. Me too...I prefer the liquid but I sometimes like to keep some powder on hand. It's great for getting rid of ants if you're out of poision or for some reason or another you don't want to put it on a mound. I'm not sure if it kills them or not but they definately don't like it and go away.

tinksmom02
09-17-2007, 09:58 PM
The last time I was at the Pop they had a vending machine.

When we went on our trip up "North" this year I bought a little travel sized thing of Tide at Target. It was PERFECT. If you're really worried about it coming loose in your suitcase (I had NO problem at all) put it in a big ziplock. Yes you'd have to PACK it in your check luggage. If you're not taking checked luggage then you could also use powder in a baggie it you want. If it spills...no big deal. Shake it off and carry on. The powder is no problem to take onboard.

The tide travel thing was just really CUTE. It held 4 loads. Throw a couple of dryer sheets in your luggage too. You really don't even have to put them in a bag or anything. It makes everything smell fresh...

I used the same thing when we went in Jan (and got another one for next week)...I think the best part, besides the perfect size, was that it was, i think, 97 cents!

karenrarintogo
09-19-2007, 08:11 PM
You can buy a box of Tide in the Pop Century gift shoppe. I didn't look too closely, but it appeared that it would do about 2 loads (maybe 3?) It cost over $3 if I remember correctly.

DisneyLuvnNooks
09-19-2007, 10:04 PM
We were just there last week, there was a vending machine in the laundry room. We brought our own , so I do not remember what kind was there, but there was deffinately 5 or 6 kinds available.