PDA

View Full Version : Character Autographs

mitchsfan
09-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Just curious...does anyone have any ideas for what to have the characters sign? I have used in the past picture frame mats and then put a picture of us from down there in the frame. I am looking for something interesting and unique. I am afraid that by the time we get home my 2 year old will lose his autograph book.

Does Disney sell a poster of all the different characters that we can get signed?

Thanks

87 days and counting! :mickey:

kdbianchini
09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
When I was younger I had a hat signed by the Disney characters. I think that was better than the autograph book. :mickey:

SAHDad
09-17-2007, 03:16 PM
I saw an idea on some other forum where they had taken a bunch of fabric squares (about 6" x 6"?) and had the character autograph them with a fabric marker. (They carried around a small clipboard for a solid writing surface.) Then, when they got home, they could be made into a fabric book or eventually sewn into a quilt.

I think that is what we may do for our kids this time around.

whymsycalwitch
09-17-2007, 04:09 PM
For our last trip we used a large pillowcase. But it is important that you have something firm for the characters to write on. So we used hoops and foam board. We had a few placed in different areas of the pillowcase so that we weren't constantly moving them around.

This time we are doing the quilt squares. I have managed to get a bunch of different fabrics that go with the "Year of a Million Dreams" color theme. I am reusing the hoops and foam boards from last time.

jkj1224
09-17-2007, 08:40 PM
I've seen people bring premade scrapbook pages for the characters they knew they would be getting autographs from so when they got the pictures they could just stick them in...also works as a great art/craft project to work on to build up excitement for the trip.

julyjewel
09-18-2007, 03:03 PM
My daughter had a shirt with the princesses on it. She got them to sign it and then we put it in a shadow box along with her sash and tiara from the BBB.

crltkcagle
09-24-2007, 10:50 AM
my kids all did coloring books. we printed pictures off of the website of the individual characters and they colored them during the weeks before our trip. i bound the books together for them and they had each character sign their picture my kids colored. it came out really cute and is something the kid will treasure when they get older. i am also sticking the picture of them with the characters on the back of the pages that i took with my camera.

Frank Bullitt
09-24-2007, 11:54 AM
I had a retro Mickey ringer Tee autographed by Mickey & Minnie @ Chef Mickey's...main thing for fabric is get the fabric pen (like a sharpie) and a hard surface to write on.

princessM0m
09-25-2007, 01:24 PM
If you are interested in a specific character, use a book. For example, I have a Little Golden Book with Chip n Dale that I am going to have them sign this trip. I want to do this for other characters as well, like a princess or Mickey, and give them to my niece and nephew as gifts.