PDA

View Full Version : Where to take a group pic?

kbean
09-17-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm taking my girlfriend and her twin daughters (first time for them) to MK and would like to get a nice group picture. Should I wait and hope to get a good taken on a ride, or is there a place where we can go to have one taken?

Zippy_D_DooDah
09-17-2007, 01:42 PM
There are Disney photographers all over the parks and they can take your photo as well as issue a PhotoPass card. If you have your own camera, I have seen some CM's take your picture with your camera. I got a great shot of my 2 DD's on a bench in front of the castle to the left of Walt and Mickey. If you are going soon, the crowds are much lighter right now, so you should be able to get a great shot in front of the castle.

phillydan
09-17-2007, 02:22 PM
If you are planning to book a breakfast at Crystal Palace before actual park opening, you will get great shots in front of the castle on a nearly-empty Main St. The photographers will be out there that early as well, so let them do it for you and get a photopass.

SAHDad
09-17-2007, 03:10 PM
It doesn't hurt to ask other visitors as well, if a CM is not nearby. I've offered to help people take pics of their entire family, simply because we've all been in that position before.

IloveDisney71
09-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Welcome to Intercot!:mickey:

I would make use of the Disney Photopass photographers so you can have everyone in the group shot. But like the previous poster said, you can always ask another visitor. Most people are willing to help out, since it just takes a minute. I know I've taken several pictures for total strangers and didn't mind at all.
I always make sure we get pictures in front of the castle, Spaceship Earth, Mickey's Sorceror hat, and the Tree of Life EVERY time we go!

pook@wdw
09-17-2007, 05:47 PM
It doesn't matter where in the World you are, all the pics will be great!! Pics in front of the park icons are wonderful, but as a veteran, I'm always looking for out-of-the-way and unusual pics locations. Just look outside the box (and down @ ground level, and up in the sky, etc...) You get the "picture"? :photo::photo:

LoriMistress
09-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Great pictures of course are in front of Cinderella's Castle and with the characters. Photopass is a great way to get wonderful pictures of the girls and the entire family. Have you thought of having the girls becoming princesses at the BBB? That would bring them in Disney heaven. :cloud9:

kim1st
09-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Some of our best family pictures from our recent trip are with characters. The CMs were great about taking pictures with both our camera and theirs - and in a lot of cases, theirs came out better than ours!!!

I don't know how they do it, but even on crowded Main St, they manage to take a picture like you're the only ones there - they really came out fantastic.

We also loved the photopass card and ended up springing for the CD. That way, we were able to make as many copies as we wanted at our own price...we even put them on our Christmas Cards last year!!!

If I had it to do again, I'd make sure to get more photos on the photopass!:thumbsup:

princessM0m
09-18-2007, 09:34 AM
For a really special keepsake, I would have a Photopass photographer take your group picture with their camera on Main Street. They have a way of "working some magic" -- tell them you want the picture of all of you cupping your hands. A surprise will await you when you see the photograph!