PDA

View Full Version : Webkinz question

disneydrmr
09-17-2007, 12:28 PM
To all Webkinz lovers.... one of my webkinz accounts is acting 'weird'. The other day when I logged in and went to 'my room' my husky was invisible for a few seconds. When he finally appeared and I made him move.. well, instead of walking he slid around.. like he was ice skating or something. I went to put him to bed and he stayed standing up on top of the bed, but the zzzzzz's were still there. I went to another webkinz under that same account (my frog) and he did the same thing. I logged out.. and even when I've logged back in (even on another computer) it has remained doing it. Has anyone else experienced this? My mom and my sister both have one account each doing the same thing. Anyone know how to fix it?

Momof2boys
09-17-2007, 01:03 PM
I can't answer your question, but I had never heard of Webkinz until yesterday when my DS7 received 2 of them at his birthday party - a monkey & a frog. He also got a penguin "Shining Star" which is kinda the same thing.

I'm assuming these are popular ?

Tinkerkel
09-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Somthing similar happened to our horse. DD couldn't get it out of bed! We tried the help/FAQ section & even sent an email to customer service. Finally we got a reply with a phone number to call & when I explained what was happening, it was fixed in about 5 minutes. I hope it's OK to post the number here...1-866-932-5469. Good luck!

wedway fan
09-17-2007, 01:36 PM
my webkinz experience is limited to what i see over the shoulder of my sons, but i can tell you this weekend "we" experienced the skating phenomenon too. i only know that because my 5 year old thought it was the coolest thing ever, and made it a point to seek me out to see it!

no idea if it's still doing it, but after reading your post, i'll have to check with the boys and see if they're having issues.

disneydrmr
09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
I can't answer your question, but I had never heard of Webkinz until yesterday when my DS7 received 2 of them at his birthday party - a monkey & a frog. He also got a penguin "Shining Star" which is kinda the same thing.

I'm assuming these are popular ?

They are VERY popular! And very addictive! The frog he recieved might be October's Pet of the MOnth - does it have 'stringy' green 'fur'? If he has the stringy look then do NOT adopt him until October.. they supposedly have special things available if you adopt the pet of the month ... this is new so not sure what special things... no experience with the Shining Star, but yes, I do believe they are the same thing..

Somthing similar happened to our horse. DD couldn't get it out of bed! We tried the help/FAQ section & even sent an email to customer service. Finally we got a reply with a phone number to call & when I explained what was happening, it was fixed in about 5 minutes. I hope it's OK to post the number here...1-866-932-5469. Good luck!

Thanks for posting the phone number - I will try calling them to see if they can help me.

Pipalotta
09-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Yesterday mine was acting the very same way. Maybe there was something wrong with webkinz its self and not your account or computer obviously.

Nana
09-18-2007, 12:07 AM
My understanding is that if you register your pet during their pet of the month, it is an additional 10,000 kinz cash. The sales person at Learning Express was explaining this to my grandsons.

Wolf
09-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Ok I'll bite, What on earth is a webkinz?

Pipalotta
09-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Webkinz is a website that is designed for young children and pre-teens. You purchase an stuffed animal which ranges from cats and dogs to unicorns and every sort of animal inbetween at your local Hallmark or such and it give you an access code. You take care of the virtual form of you animal and play games to win money to build up your room with furnture and the such.

iheartmickey
09-18-2007, 08:14 AM
To the OP ... your not the only person who has experienced this behavior. I'm on another board ... :faint: I know! For shame!

Anyway, a lot of people (on the other board) experience this once in a while. If it doesn't resolve its self then I would click on the FAQ (on webkinz) and click on the customer service link, send them your problem. Doing this should send you an email response and a number to call and a refrence number for your CSR. Don't use someone elses number ... they won't know what you're talking about unless you have the refrence number.

BTW ... those who don't own webkinz ... don't buy webkinz ... they're addicting!!! You kids (and you) will want to collect them all! We have more than our fair share! :blush:

conorsmom2000
09-18-2007, 12:06 PM
BTW ... those who don't own webkinz ... don't buy webkinz ... they're addicting!!! You kids (and you) will want to collect them all! We have more than our fair share! :blush:

Boy is that the truth!! :D I had never heard of them until recently, when my girlfriend was telling me about them. Conor soon heard of them and wanted one, then another....then he got his Aunt to get him one.....then he bought two or three more with his own money!! I've put a temporary ban on purchasing more until I see how he does with the 4 or 5 he currently has!! :D

disneydrmr
09-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Webkinz is a website that is designed for young children and pre-teens.

:blush: not just for young children and pre-teens....:blush:

To the OP ... your not the only person who has experienced this behavior. I'm on another board ... :faint: I know! For shame!

Anyway, a lot of people (on the other board) experience this once in a while. If it doesn't resolve its self then I would click on the FAQ (on webkinz) and click on the customer service link, send them your problem. Doing this should send you an email response and a number to call and a refrence number for your CSR. Don't use someone elses number ... they won't know what you're talking about unless you have the refrence number.

Thanks for the additional info on the number thing. And you are right... I started out by helping my sister take care of one that she had bought for our neices (they just weren't that interested in them so my sister 'inherited' it).. anyway.. my sister is now up to maybe close to 20.. and I'm around 11 or so... :blush: