PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort Paris - Good pins or not really

CleveSJM
09-17-2007, 12:28 PM
A little late to ask this as I left the park yesterday but I was "afraid" to buy pins at the park because I have heard bad things about the Euro Disney pins.

Last time at WDW in August, my son traded with a cast member from France and she congratulated him on picking a pin she actually brought over from DLP. It looked like a great, regular pin to me. DLP on the back, etc.

So, are DLP pins ok or are they less than desired?

cheshirecollector
09-17-2007, 01:30 PM
I have four DLRP pins, and they're some of my favorites. One of them is in fact my favorite pin ever. I don't know what serious collectors think of them, though.

TracyL
09-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Shouldn't make any difference as to the quality, especially these days. There are pins made in Europe that are "knockoffs" -- you'll know them at a glance because the quality is so obviously inferior. If a DLP pin looks as good as a WDW pin, odds are it is as good as a WDW pin. And, of course, a pin you like is a great pin no matter where it comes from.

If it has the DLP logo or "pin trading" or some such cast into the back, and you're buying it at the Resort, it's an Official Disney pin - collectible and tradeable, and should actually have some appeal to a collector unless they get to jaunt off to Paris all the time!:artist:

micahlei
10-07-2007, 04:59 AM
some of my fav pins are from Disneyland Paris

Ive got 2 limited edition 2006 Soccer World Cup Pins with mickey and donald playing soccer :D

Some are quite good quality some arent
My friend who came accidently dropped 1 of hers and when she picked it up the actual pin on the back had fallen off :mad:

Oh well
I hope you had a good time anyway :D