PDA

View Full Version : Park opening ceremony

PrincessASquared
09-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know what time the park opening ceremony at MK will be, in February, when the park has an A.M. extra magic hour? Thanks.

Zippy_D_DooDah
09-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Last week, during Little One's EMH, they did the park opening on Sunday right around 8:00am, but it was audio only, probably because most of the characters were waiting for the Little One's in Fantasy Land. I can assume that the opening during EMH will be right at 8:00am even in February. Although I could be wrong.

McGoofy
09-17-2007, 12:20 PM
According, to info central, it appears that for the entire month of February park opening for MK is 9am. When there is an early morning EMH, the park would then open at 8:00am. That is when the park opening ceremony would be. I have seen this twice. It is so cool to watch. Hopefully in February it won't be too crowded and you will be able to get near the front to see everything well. They do the opening song and several characters come in on the train. They do a count down and shoot out streamers "pixie dust" into the crowd. I teared up the first time I saw it! :cloud9:

KylesMom
09-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Each time we were there for morning EMH this past June at the MK, they came on with audio at about 7:50 am. However, there was no show; i.e., dancers, Family of the Day, train with characters, etc. We got to do the countdown for the MK to open, but that was about it. On non-EMH days, the pre-show began at about 8:50 with all the bells & whistles. I'm unclear if they have totally stopped doing the show during a.m. EMH at MK. Anyone else have any experiences out there?

We were treated to The Awakening at AK for early EMH, though! :mickey:

Jasper
09-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Regardless of what time the park is scheduled to open that day (7am, 8am,9am) it is best to be there about 15 minutes before the opening time for that day and you should be in time to catch it.