PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Line

Lightnin McQueen
09-17-2007, 05:18 AM
Hi,

I'm a newbie and have gotta tell you, I think Intercot is an awesome forum, for it's wealth of well set out information you get first hand from fellow WDW fans and it's friendly members :number1:

So without further delay here is my first thread.

I just happened across a thread by Inkdrainer titled ' longest line you've ever waited in'. It reminded me of how amazed I've been on past trips at the detailed theming in and around the line areas.

Our favourite is the line for Expedition Everest :rub:

So whats your favourite line? Is it the same as ours, queuing through Tibet, walking through the Yeti museum waiting to take a train ride into the unknown? Is it in the line for Star Tours catching a glimpse of a storm trooper in a doorway? :trooper: or maybe all of the wonderful carvings in the tree of life in line to see Flick and his buddies in 'It's Tough To Be A Bug'?

It's over to you ...

Natazu
09-17-2007, 05:52 AM
Tower of Terror for me. The atmosphere really adds to the spookyness of the ride theme. The queues are one of the things that sets Disney apart from other theme parks around the world.

rkmemkc
09-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Mine is also the TOT...I love to look around as I wait and it seems that I find something new each time.
My DH said, "I don't like waiting in any line...so I would have to say the Margarita line in Mexico.". :marg:

Scotcelebrity
09-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Tower of Terror and Space Mountain

mickey&missy
09-17-2007, 09:29 AM
I really liked Nemo. My kids thought it was so cool that it looked like we were underwater!

kakn7294
09-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Haunted Mansion - I love those tombstones!

ibrowse17
09-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Have to agree with ToT and HM. Also, the new Nemo ride at Epcot has a very nice line area:thumbsup:

4ubie1
09-17-2007, 09:47 AM
I have yet to go on E:E but i heard the queue is fantastic!:thumbsup: My favorites are ToT and PotC. :pirate: I don't even notice the wait in those two attractions. I hope with the development of future attractions that there starts to be a standard to put more work into the queue. That is where most people spend their time at the attraction.:D

beksy
09-17-2007, 09:58 AM
I would have to go with some of the others-- ToT, HM, and POTC are my favorites. They just seem to add to the ride. :mickey:

Quasimodo
09-17-2007, 10:16 AM
I have to second Expedition Everest as one of the best and most detailed queues in WDW. This is coming from someone who does not even like to ride the ride. And its not just the queue, but the entire area around the ride. Particularly the courtyard right outside the gift shop.

When EE opened last year, the Travel Channel ran a special called "Expedition Everest: Journey to Sacred Lands". If you ever see it on, you should check it out. It will give you a whole new level of appreciation for the amount of detail and authenticity that went into that attraction. Especially the queue and the buildings. The show follows Diseny's head imagineer Joe Rohde as he travels to China and Nepal to do research for EE. Joe said that they bought out entire shops in Nepal to provide the items you see in the queue. Almost all of those items in the "expedition store" are real and came from real shops in Nepal. They're not props. Joe and his team also spent a lot of time studying and photographing the architecture of the villages in Nepal. They then reproduced the architecture in the buildings you see at EE. They are so well done, that I think Disney could have easily added EE to the World Showcase at Epcot. Just add a restaurant and it would be a perfect fit.

BriarRose0708
09-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Welcome to Intercot! You're going to love it here!

I don't have a huge frame of reference since I've only been to one park, but I love the Space Mountain queue.

mouseketeer mom
09-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Nemo! Really gets you in the mood for the ride.

laprana
09-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I totally agree with EE! It is so well done that you are distracted by all the cool things to look at and you don't notice the wait as much! I also love POTC and ToT! On our last trip, I had told my mom about how cool the theming was in the line for ToT. She's a scaredy cat and won't ride a lot of things, especially the big thrill rides, but she really wanted to see the line for ToT. So, she waited in line with the rest of us and just took the exit when we got to the loading area. It took a lot of convincing to get her to do it, because she was sure they would make her ride once she got to the elevators! She was really glad she got to see the line, even if she didn't get to experience the fun part at the end!:coaster:

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-17-2007, 11:56 AM
I have 3 - Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster. They all get to excited about riding the ride.:joy:

#1donaldfan
09-17-2007, 12:11 PM
SM, ToT, RnC, EE........top 4 anyway...

McGoofy
09-17-2007, 12:12 PM
I have to second Expedition Everest as one of the best and most detailed queues in WDW. This is coming from someone who does not even like to ride the ride. And its not just the queue, but the entire area around the ride. Particularly the courtyard right outside the gift shop.

When EE opened last year, the Travel Channel ran a special called "Expedition Everest: Journey to Sacred Lands". If you ever see it on, you should check it out. It will give you a whole new level of appreciation for the amount of detail and authenticity that went into that attraction. Especially the queue and the buildings. The show follows Diseny's head imagineer Joe Rohde as he travels to China and Nepal to do research for EE. Joe said that they bought out entire shops in Nepal to provide the items you see in the queue. Almost all of those items in the "expedition store" are real and came from real shops in Nepal. They're not props. Joe and his team also spent a lot of time studying and photographing the architecture of the villages in Nepal. They then reproduced the architecture in the buildings you see at EE. They are so well done, that I think Disney could have easily added EE to the World Showcase at Epcot. Just add a restaurant and it would be a perfect fit.

I am with you on the EE queue being a favorite.:thumbsup: Oddly enough, just last night I saw a special on the Travel Channel entitled "Earth's Natural Wonders." It featured the real Mt. Everest, the Himalayan village, and the Sherpa people in Nepal. I was amazed at how much the entire area at Epedition Everest looked like the real deal. After watching the show, I finally figured out what all of those colorful flags around EE are for! If I have to wait in a queue, that is not a bad one to wait in at all. Sometimes I get so caught up in the artifacts, that I look up and realize there is a gap between me and the people ahead of me. Yep, I know people behind me hate that. Sorry!:blush:

jwallace378
09-17-2007, 12:18 PM
My favorite waiting area is PotC and Space Mt.

Davyjones
09-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Are we talking about at WDW or Disneyland? If we are talking about at both, I love the line at The Indiana Jones Ride at Disneyland! The videos playing, the room with the spikes in it, the miner who is digging! It is my favorite of all the parks! :mickey:

battle beast
09-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Indiana Jones at DL. VERY VERY long (to get into the ride, (even with no people in line) and Space Mountain at DL or WDW.

Lightnin McQueen
09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Some great responses :thumbsup:

I completely forgot how many great lines there are. Reading your threads brings it all back, especially HM and ToT.

I like Quasimodo's post about the EE detailing and overseas research, I had no idea they went to all that trouble to get it so authentic :notworth:

Also Laprana's thread about your Mom just enjoying the line and heading for the exit doors at the ToT lifts :funny:. Reminded me that we tried to do the exact same last year with my DW on Mission Space but she was so scared of the ride after she rode it in 05 that she wouldn't even get in line :ack:.

Excellent posts :thanks:

DNS
09-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Welcome to Intercot!
My favorite is Pirates of the Caribbean.

Dreamer14
09-17-2007, 03:17 PM
My favorite has to be POTC. I have to see the skeletons playing chess before I go on the ride. Also, I really like Test Track. If your outside you can hear the people screaming above you on the ride and when your inside you have plenty of stuff to look at and it's air conditioned.

Goes4FastPass
09-17-2007, 04:12 PM
ToT and EE are great queues but nothin' beats a

Short FastPass Return Line

Red Randal
09-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Welcome to Intercot! Great thread.

My favorite queue in terms of lush theming and the joy I feel when standing in it for an hour or so is either the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway or Dumbo the Flying Elephant.

Just kidding. Couldn't resist.

Anyway, I love Tower of Terror, have always been partial to Pirates of the Caribbean, and I love the pre-show to Muppet Vision. The overall BEST queue, however, has to be Expedition Everest. Not just because of all of the authentic artifacts but for the fact that it goes so far in telling the story of the ride. It really builds up tension and excitement. It's so well done and is one of the many things that make EE one of the best rides anywhere.

Samtastic
09-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Ok so I may get yelled about this because it's not "techincally a line" but the pre-show to the Ellen's universe of energy--I think it might be more entertaining than the ride itself!! and it is a waiting area.

But for the general queue- moving etc...- it would be HM and pirates. It's just so much fun because my DBF is IN LOVE :heart: with pirates and he gets so so so excited waiting in line, he literally looks deranged, haha.

IloveDisney71
09-17-2007, 05:14 PM
I have 3 - Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster. They all get to excited about riding the ride.:joy:
:ditto: Those were the 3 that first popped into my mind. I absolutely HATE riding the TOT, but I like to go in with people in my group just to see it...then I take the "chicken exit". :)

pook@wdw
09-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Kudos to all the queues listed as they are all GREAT!!!. I love them all!. However, i have to say my fave is the Muppet Vision 3-D queue/pre-show. Just seeing them trying to get ready for the show is almost as funny as the show itself! :funny:

Tinkerbell627
09-17-2007, 06:32 PM
First of all: Welcome to Intercot!

(psst.... get out while you can, these people are crazy... :crazy: ;) )

Ahem... as for an answer to the question, my favorite queue line is Kali River Rapids. It's so detailed and it's almost worth skipping the Fastpass line and just going stand-by. The theming is amazing. I feel the same way about E:E. I also love the the queue for The Seas with Nemo and Friends. You feel like you're actually under water. It's fabulous. However, I think the queue line is longer than the actual ride in length. Tee hee.

See you around the Boards!

DisneyKim22
09-17-2007, 08:27 PM
My favorite line is any one that allows me to wait less than 2 minutes! Actually, my favorites are Splash and the pre-show room for Muppets.

Battle Beast mentioned the Indy line at DL. The walk through the line is so long, I forgot I was going on a ride by the time I came to the end! :D

SandmanGStefani24
09-17-2007, 09:12 PM
gotta be Star Tours!:darth:

I love the outer part, which is made to look like the trees in Endor, complete with Ewoks. Then, once you enter the attraction, seeing the droids working, as well as the doorways designed like the Death Star...it's all there!

A close second would be Space Mountain. :thumbsup:

mainemajor
09-17-2007, 09:20 PM
ToT - MGM
Safari & Everest - AK
Test Track - Epcot
Splash - MK

Figgyluv03
09-18-2007, 12:31 PM
ToT, HM & Space Mountain