PDA

View Full Version : Really great bus drivers!

LizLovesDiz
09-17-2007, 01:39 AM
My DD and I have had the pleasure of meeting, and having a great time with a number of really neat bus drivers at WDW.It just goes to show you that it really doesn't matter where the pixie dust is sprinkled !!! :tink:

2Epcot
09-17-2007, 03:15 AM
That's nice to hear you've had great experiences with many of the WDW bus drivers. All of the CMs are important, no matter what their job may be. A friendly CM who loves their job, and making people smile, is all part of the magical memories that you hopefully bring back from WDW vacation.

mickey&missy
09-17-2007, 10:12 AM
We've had several fantastic bus drivers too!

On of first family trip in 2005 we had a wonderful driver who told us all sorts of interesting facts about WDW. He even made himself sound like he was talking underwater when we drove under the canal that connects Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.

Last trip we had a bus driver who pointed out all the wildlife there was to see on our way from WL to Epcot late one afternoon! It was incredible! I've never seen an Armadillo before, we must have seen 10!

DD and I also had a wonderful bus driver take us from DTD back to WL after her trip to BBB. He got off the bus and bowed to her and said "Cinderella your carriage awaits" She smiled ear to ear! He joked with her about going to TL when the bus stopped there. He also told anyone who got on the bus that they were in the presence of royalty! It was very cute and very sweet!

mouseketeer mom
09-17-2007, 06:42 PM
My fave bus driver took us from a looooong tiring hot day at Epcot back to the WL. He perked us all right up. We sang, did trivia games, honestly, it was as much fun as some of the attractions we went on. That bus was rockin'! He made every little girl feel magical and beautiful. He was really into his job and we loved him. I regret not finding out his name.

IloveDisney71
09-17-2007, 07:09 PM
I love the bus drivers who go out of their way asking trivia questions and singing songs. It's lots of fun. I also like talking to the bus driver when there are only a few people on board. It's fun to get to know them. I always make sure to thank them as I'm leaving the bus to let them know how much I appreciate them. :mickey:

baldburke
09-17-2007, 07:21 PM
A co-worke that went earlier this summer said she was on a test bus that is part of a more automated system that Disney hopes to implement in the near future. She said with the new system the drivers do no speaking. I realize that Disney, like everyone else is looking to cut costd. But the great drivers can make all the difference. Whether it be getting off to the right start in the morning or helping to ease that long trip back to the resort at night.

cfoshe
09-17-2007, 08:45 PM
i would agree, some of the bus drivers were very good, and funny, I hate the new auto system that they have. The bus drivers do not talk anymore. So all the great interaction that the drivers would give, has been taken away. That is very sad.:thedolls:

jsdt
09-17-2007, 09:59 PM
One time headed from Downtown Disney to the Transportation Center late in the evening we had a GREAT bus driver. He sang and did trivia. He made jokes about coming to sit on people if they didn't sing. The best was when he was talking about how this was the best "WEEEEEEE Curve" in all of Disney. Basically it was a long turn where as soon as we got into it he started saying "WEEEEEEE" and kept it up for about 45 seconds without taking a breath. My daughter thought it was great. Sure made for a lively 20 minute bus ride.