PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Not sure about the dine plan!

Triplet Disney MaMa
09-16-2007, 08:03 PM
OK.. Can you use your plan and get JUST counter service meals????? I would not want to do any sit down meals. Is this something you can "trade" the table service for counter service???? Thank you!!!!!!:mickey:

Jared
09-16-2007, 08:08 PM
I recall reading another post recently suggesting guests can trade table service for counter service meals, but the option may only exist during the free dining promotion.

Another poster was more knowledge, like Jym or Jason, will probably respond soon with a better response.

dml
09-16-2007, 08:15 PM
I want to say you can exchange one table service for two counter service meals, but I'm not 100% positive because I have always used my one table service per day. Maybe someone else can verify my statement.

If your time permits, I would highly recommend using some of your table service meals because WDW has some wonderful restaurants. Have fun regardless!

:mickey::mickey:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
09-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Unless you're getting the Dining Plan for free, using it for only CS meals is a complete waste of money.

Strmchsr
09-16-2007, 09:18 PM
:ditto: If you don't want TS meals, then just don't get the dining plan and save yourself a ton of money.

Jared
09-16-2007, 10:10 PM
:ditto: If you don't want TS meals, then just don't get the dining plan and save yourself a ton of money.
I entirely agree.

Figment!
09-16-2007, 10:35 PM
There is no standard policy or procedure for "exchanging" credits.

Some Guests have reported that Guest Services at their hotel have been willing to downgrade credits on a one-to-one basis towards the end of their stay as a means of not having unused credits.

It is unlikely Guest Services would be willing to do an exchange at the start of a stay. Even if they were willing, the exchange of a full stay's worth of Table Service Credits for Counter Service credits on a one-to-one basis would a terrible value.

During the "Free Dining" promotion period, there has (and is this year) a special trade down offer, but it is only for the duration of the promotion.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-17-2007, 01:34 AM
You can use the TSR meals for QSR. It will be done on a one to one basis. Just let the cashier know that you will be using TSR instead and they can ring it through. You don't need to have it approved by a manager or anything.

However, as previously stated....you're going to lose a lot of money. I've switched from working F&B, but if it's still the same from August, the TSR includes drink, side item, entree, dessert, and grat. QSR only includes drink, desert, and entree.

TSR, with everything included, averages about $25+ per person, whereas QSR is about $10-15.

Triplet Disney MaMa
09-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Thank you all very much! That is what I was thinking it may not be worth it!! We may TRY TS BUT with 2 year old triplets it is a gamble! LOL:thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-17-2007, 10:10 AM
You can use the TSR for Character Meals, but I believe most of them take up 2 TSR each. I've always found children and characters usually are a good mix. We took my DC2 to Chef Mickey's, and he was so well-behaved and just loved all the characters. But most of the attention went to my DA50 since it was her b-day.

I would also suggest Whispering Canyon. It's a rowdy romping bit of fun for the whole family so the triplets might feel right at home. It's located at WL.

Ruprect
09-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Just returned from WDW and witnessed somebody in line at Flame Tree BBQ trading a TS for a CS and 2 Snack credits (which they were then able to use on the awesome onion rings).

Not sure if it is consistent across CS locations.

I agree with the above comment that if you don't intend on using your TS then it is probably better NOT to buy the dining plan.

Figment!
09-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Just returned from WDW and witnessed somebody in line at Flame Tree BBQ trading a TS for a CS and 2 Snack credits (which they were then able to use on the awesome onion rings).

Not sure if it is consistent across CS locations.This is a limited time offer during the Free Dining Plan Promotion Period.

bigbabyblues
09-23-2007, 10:05 PM
You can use the TSR for Character Meals, but I believe most of them take up 2 TSR each. I've always found children and characters usually are a good mix. We took my DC2 to Chef Mickey's, and he was so well-behaved and just loved all the characters. But most of the attention went to my DA50 since it was her b-day.

I would also suggest Whispering Canyon. It's a rowdy romping bit of fun for the whole family so the triplets might feel right at home. It's located at WL.

The only character meal that is 2 TS credits is CRT (Cinderella's Royal Table). The rest are only 1 credit each.

Ruprect
09-25-2007, 08:19 AM
The only character meal that is 2 TS credits is CRT (Cinderella's Royal Table). The rest are only 1 credit each.

And to go along with that...I thought that breakfast at 2 TS credits wasn't worth it from a food point of view. However my DD4 loved meeting Cinderella and eating in the castle so I didn't mind spending the extra credit.

TheRustyScupper
09-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Unless you're getting the Dining Plan for free, using it for only CS meals is a complete waste of money.

1) Absolutely.
2) You will lose $14-$17 per day.
3) With a 4-person family, that is about $60 daily.
4) Better off without the DDP, unless it is free.
5) Even then, it might not be a good deal.
6) Take any available room discount instead.

floridamom
09-25-2007, 05:06 PM
I totally agree that if you think you won't use any or many TS meals, then the dining plan is not a great value for you. However, since your triplets are 2, you would not be paying for the DP for them, correct? In that case, if just you and your husband paid for the plan, you could go to any TS and they could either share meals with you at no charge, or in the case of the buffets, get their own plates filled with whatever they care to eat, also at no charge. (We have never even been charged for a beverage for our under 3s). So, if you are willing to do some TS meals, it could prove to be more economical than buying three counter service kids' meals everytime you dine.

While I do not begin to comprehend the challenges of eating out with triplets, we have been to just about every character meal offered, and I have seen first-hand the way they are geared to the children. Also, keep in mind the downside of counter service dining. Unless you go at off-peak meal times, there can be quite a substantial wait for the person who stands in line to order and pick up the food. This means the other parent is trying to entertain the kids at a table that you have hopefully been able to locate for your family. Maybe I'm the only one who finds this to be a pain, but there is definitely something to be said for having a table with the correct number of chairs (and high chairs) waiting for you, along with a buffet of food ready to go.

Having said all that, you know your own family best, and I'm sure you'll make the best decision for yourselves. We're just here to help you explore all the angles. :mickey:

Good luck and have a great trip!

vamaggie
09-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Thank you all very much! That is what I was thinking it may not be worth it!! We may TRY TS BUT with 2 year old triplets it is a gamble! LOL:thumbsup:

If you think of TS @ WDW is like eating out at a restaurant at home it really isn't. Most of the TS restaurants (esp the Character meals/buffets) are really geared toward kids and families. Trust me, there will be more than one family with wailing kids, running kids, joyous kids, you name it! TS meals may be a way to slow down, sit down and get the little ones to eat something. We found that the buffets were great when our kids were younger since they could try lots of things if they wanted or have as much of one thing (plain pasta in my DD's case!) as they wanted. You know your family best. Good luck whatever you decide!!!