PDA

View Full Version : Mom & Daughter Only- last day

T-Belle
09-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Hello Everyone, I’ll be pinch:geek: hitting for my daughter, Joey, aka tbelle’s dghtr. It’s 8:55 pm and we’re @ MCO waiting for our flight to Atlanta.
We had a great last day. We woke around 8:00 and finished our last minute packing. We checked our bags at bell service and headed to MK. For us, there really is no other choice, MK has to be the last park of any visit. Unfortunately, the bus:bus: to MK had broken down and we had to wait a good 30 minutes for another to arrive.
We decided to hit as many of our favorites as possible. We had to be back at the resort by 6:15 for Magical Express. So we started in Adventure Land by grabbing a fastpass for Jungle Cruise and heading straight for POC. But the line was ssooooo long and we were getting hungry so we decided check in early at Liberty Tree Tavern. We waited only about 15 minutes before they were able to seat us. We both had the crab cake appetizer. Joey had the pasta and I had the pot roast. This is probably one of the best meals I had while there!! It was delicious!
After Liberty Tree we decided to head back to POC before going on the Jungle Cruise to give ourselves a few more minutes to let our meal go down before having to stand out in the VERY oppressive heat! Several times I found myself not feeling well and I believe it was a combination of the heat and too much heavy food. A drawback of the dining plan I guess, sometimes too much food! But after one last look at handsome :heart:Jack Sparrow we were ready to head to the Jungle Cruise where we had the best skipper ever! His name was Zach and he was hilarious!
We tried SM and HM but both lines were way to long to wait for today. We did make it to one more showing of Philharmagic before heading to Tommorrowland. We rode TTA and got to see Space Mountain with the lights on, very cool! And then of course COP. Checking the time after this we decided that we should finish some last minute shopping:spend: before we would have to leave. Boy, did we drag this out. I mean really, who wants to leave??!!! So we bought a bottle of water and a bag of cotton candy, (thank goodness there’s no fat or calories in WDW!) and sat up on the train platform to try to absorb as much of Main Street and the Castle as possible. This will be the image I take with me when I need a Disney Fix! We watched the flag ceremony, said a last good by for now and we were off to catch the bus back to All Star Movies.
The Magical Express Bus to MCO was great. We were the only ones on and our driver was so funny.
He told us a great story.
Every time he gets to the arches of WDW property he tells everybody to “say goodbye to Mickey” which everyone does.
Well one time he got to the arch told everyone to say goodbye, they did and at the same time a HUGE white bird hit the windshield..splat!!! Without missing a beat, the driver said “and say goodbye to Donald too!!” Funny, funny story!:funny:

Written Sunday 9/16
I would probably finish this here except I have a strange story about our flight home and I would love some feed back if you have an opinion on this.
We were on Spirit Air, our flight was scheduled for 9:40 pm. At 9:20 they announced that they wouldn’t be calling sections. Everybody just get in line and get on board. Ok, no problem. Everybody is trying to put their carry-on up, the stewardesses
Are running up and down the aisle closing them as fast as they can, even with many people still trying to put things up! At the same time another stewardess is on the PA telling us to hurry and get in our seats and buckle up! It was rush, rush, rush!!! Enough to make Joey and I a bit anxious.:paranoid: I asked one stewardess if there was a problem and she said they want us to hurry and get out of there!! We were taxiing on the runway at 9:35!!! Five minutes before we were even scheduled to take off! Thankfully, the flight was uneventful and we made it home safe and sound.
I sure wish I knew what was going on. It wasn’t like the airport was busy, it wasn’t. I think our flight was the only one on that concourse! Anyway, if anyone has an explanation of this, I would love to hear it.
That’s all for now. Thank you so much for reading and all the kind words. We’ll post final thoughts later.
Joan & Joey
aka
t-belle & tbelle’s dghtr

Pirate Granny
09-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Only thought I have was that perhaps either bad weather was coming or maybe there were storms at your arrival airport...if the weather is bad and they can't land, sometimes they can't take off...and if it's too late, they can't land so you have a cancelled flight...

Glad you enjoyed your trip...I enjoyed reading...Were there truly long lines at the HM...???? hummmmm...

:pirate:

Christine
09-17-2007, 12:12 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your trip!

My only thoughts as to the hurrying of the flight was that maybe you were the last one of the day and they were ready to get home! :bolt:
Who knows...I get freaked out too when flights are not the norm!

Hope you get back to WDW very very soon!

iheartmickey
09-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Sounds like you gals had a nice trip .... a little weird about the flight home. I don't know what that's about?!?!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

#1disneyfan
09-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks for sharing your great reports. It makes me miss WDW a little less getting to see your pics and hear your adventures.

As far as the plane goes, I would think it had to do with the weather. However, I think they could have done it a little bit more professionally and maybe with a little more grace. Sounds like a ruckus and would have completely freaked me out!

Bethis26fan
09-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip.

faline
09-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Sorry your trip has come to an end! I've enjoyed your reports!

ChipnDaleGal
09-19-2007, 11:58 AM
I would have been a little freaked out about the departure too. Maybe the pilot was running from the law. (Just kidding!)

I have been taking my daughter to WDW for over 12 years, so I have a very special place in my heart for Mother/Daughter trip reports. It sounds like you love being there together as much as we do. Thanks for all the great reports and pictures. It was a real pleasure to share your trip. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
09-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Maybe the pilot had a hot date or something:blush:! Glad it was uneventful flight.