PDA

View Full Version : O Canada in Epcot

Gottaluvgoof
09-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Ok, we just got back from our trip and I rode Everest numerous times consecutively, Space Mountain numerous times consecutively, Orange Team Mission Space, Tower of Terror and every other ride in every park. The problem is O Canada. That 360 theater made me sick :sick: I really wanted to watch the movie, but I was getting more and more dizzy during the show. I finally had to exit and you would be surprised how many people also used the exit after I did. I wish it were just one screen, and why do you have to stand through this show? Everyone who exited behind me said they had the same problem.
What do all you Intercotees think of O Canada?

LoriMistress
09-16-2007, 06:43 PM
I've only seen the new show from a video podcast. You don't have to keep turning your head around non stop to see everything. Just focus on one spot to avoid getting "motion sickness."

Normally, my DH takes a motion sickness pill to avoid feeling woozy since he gets motion sick pretty easily.

Gottaluvgoof
09-16-2007, 06:56 PM
We tried focusing on one screen but my peripheral vision just kept seeing things to my side. It was driving me crazy. It is very difficult to only watch one screen. Believe me, we all tried. I would love to hear from people who have been there though. I'm thinking it just isn't the same on a pod screen.

Kairi_7378
09-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Ugh! After walking all over Future World, all I wanted to do was sit down. DH took me to Oh Canada. I ended up sitting on the floor.

LoriMistress
09-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I know the video podcast is much different then being there in person. From the person who filmed the podcast did say that they would get dizzy from just trying to remove the camera around, so they kind of stopped moving the camera around.

Maybe someone could ask a CM on which is the best view and best tips for not feeling sick watching the show.

MNNHFLTX
09-17-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't have a problem with the "O Canada" Circle Vision 360, but I have heard of others who have experienced some dizziness and/or nausea. Based on what causes motion sickness, I agree that leaning again the rails and focusing straight ahead on the screen directly in front of you is probably the only that would help (aside from a motion sickness pill or patch). But I can understand why visual cues in your peripheral vision might still be distracting.

LoriMistress
09-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Based on what causes motion sickness, I agree that leaning again the rails and focusing straight ahead on the screen directly in front of you is probably the only that would help (aside from a motion sickness pill or patch). The CM instructs people to NOT lean against the rails because the weight cannot hold adults or children.

jiifigment
09-19-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm usually REALLY sensitive to motion sickness, and I had to stare at one screen. I started out looking around, but I quickly realized that was a mistake!:sick: However, once I stopped looking around so much, I was fine. Actually, I've always had more problems with the movie in France!

Back to Canada, though, I LOVED the Martin Short update! Made me want to go to Canada!!!!

And then, of course, there's Off Kilter!!!

:pipes: :drummer:

But I've always wondered what they have to do with Canada?!

princessM0m
09-19-2007, 11:48 AM
I can't remember the last time I went to a Circlevision 360 movie but I want to see O Canada when we go in Nov. What is it like? Is it the same image on several different screens around you or is is one image wrapped around 360 degrees?

CanadianWDWFan
09-19-2007, 12:14 PM
I am glad that they finally updated the film! I am looking forward to watching it in a little over two weeks from now!!!

As for watching it in the past, I did get a little whoozie but it quickly passed. I found, like the others said, that if I concentrate on one screen then I could prevent the dizziness.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-19-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I always sit on the floor and watch, it makes a huge difference for me...and I've never had it be a problem.

disneymom2000
09-20-2007, 05:07 AM
I haven't been to the O Canada show but we went to see the China one on our first visit and knew we would never do a standup circlevision show again. That wasn't one of my best moments as Disney. We heard a lot of complaints back then about the setup. I can't believe they have put in another one.

LibertyTreeGal
09-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Now I'm tempted to go down to my local feed store and pickup a set of horse blinders so I won't get sick! LOL

But seriously, I find it helpful sometimes to "cup" my hands on either side of my face so I can only see what is in front of me :)

Gottaluvgoof
09-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Now I'm tempted to go down to my local feed store and pickup a set of horse blinders so I won't get sick! LOL

But seriously, I find it helpful sometimes to "cup" my hands on either side of my face so I can only see what is in front of me :)

Hey, that's the best idea I have heard yet! That's about exactly what it would take. Too bad I didn't think of that...lol

jszczur5
09-20-2007, 11:41 PM
The CM instructs people to NOT lean against the rails because the weight cannot hold adults or children.

We just got back from Disney two weeks ago, and managed to see the new O Canada film twice. Much improved, by the way.
The CM advised that you could lean against the rails, and actually referred to them as "leaning rails", but said that you could not sit on them, as they would not support your weight. Hope this clears things up a bit.
BTW, I didn't feel at all sick during the film,even though I spun my head around to view all of the screens.

mrsgaribaldi
09-21-2007, 02:47 AM
I enjoyed spinning around and trying to see all the screens and the dizzy feeling I got. I'm serious too :blush:
I don't get sick:mickey: I was tired so it would have been nice to sit though.

Gottaluvgoof
09-21-2007, 09:33 AM
I enjoyed spinning around and trying to see all the screens and the dizzy feeling I got. I'm serious too :blush:
I don't get sick:mickey: I was tired so it would have been nice to sit though.

LOL....I don't know how you could enjoy that dizzy feeling. UGH! Seats definitely would help, ESPECIALLY at EPCOT (Every Person Comes Out Tired!)

The Bookseller
09-22-2007, 10:05 AM
The truth is, the O Canada movie made this Canuck sick everytime he say it... until they update the movie! :D

On a more serious tone, I understand your problem. Putting your hands on both sides of your head to cut your field of vision might be a solution.

chernabog2
09-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi!

Just a little correction for you; cast members tell people not to sit on the rails. They are called "leaning rails" and it is perfectly acceptable to lean on them - at any age or weight. :thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
09-22-2007, 06:48 PM
The same thing happened to DD in Timekeeper. When I told her to shut her eyes, she wasn't really moving, she stayed, and was fine.

DH felt dizzing on Soarin'. Same advice to him. He shut his eyes, and it was a relaxing break for him.:thumbsup: