PDA

View Full Version : Not Quite the Whole Family Trip - Day 3

Gottaluvgoof
09-16-2007, 06:06 PM
September 7 - 12
All Star Sports
ADRs - Whispering Canyon, Boma, Crystal Palace, Le Cellier, 50s Primetime, Chef Mickey's

Starring:
Me - Jeanne 47, aka MOM
DD - Erin 14
DS - Kyle 11
Niece - Dana 22

Co-Stars (Nieces in their 30s)
Niece - Heather
Niece - Lori
Niece - Christy
Niece - Kate
Great Nephew - Christian 2
Great Niece - Ryan 1

EPCOT! Today we decide to grab a bagel before we head out. We sit down at the food court, eat and then take our cups back to the room. Our room is so close to the main building and the bus stops. We really like this convenience. We're ready to head out for an entire day at Epcot. We go to the bus stop and there are two women there with pins all over their necks, and duffle bags filled with pins. They are telling us this is the last day of the pin trading event at Epcot, and that it is free today. The one woman gives pins to Erin, Kyle, and Dana. Erin is a pin trader and is very happy with the pin she receives. It's a pin from Disneyland. If we get time, we would like to check out the show. The bus is here in a very short time and we're off! We arrive at Epcot and immediately head for the line that will go to Soarin. I accidentally get in the line to Nemo, but it actually works out well for us because it takes us right into the Soarin line. We follow the rope holders and there we are on Soarin in one of the first loads. Dana has never been on and she loves the ride. This is one of my favorites throughout the parks. It is so relaxing. We get off and go right back on. Might as well take advantage while there is no line. After our second ride, our other group arrives. Kyle and I take the little ones on The Land, while everyone else goes on Soarin. I have to assure Christian that this is not a scarey ride. Of course, in Disney fashion, the first thing tends to be scarey for a little kid..lol. It's the rain and thunder showing how the plants get watered. Oh well, it just takes some more convincing. Once we are outside, he is much more relaxed and enjoys the boat ride. We go back and meet the group and then head for Nemo. There is no line, but a long walk to actually get to the ride. It was cute enough, but nothing spectacular. Something I would do once a trip. Then it's off to Turtle Talk With Crush. We never took the time before to do this, but with no lines today, and with the little ones, we wanted to check it out. Very cute show and everyone enjoyed it. Next, we head over to JIYI. Something we have to do once every trip. That tune is catchy and everybody's gotta love Figment. After we get off, I go to see if Figment is up in his little area, but no luck. Erin and I really want a picture with Figment this trip. We head over to Test Track and it says 20 minute wait, but we walk all the way up to the que area. Christian really wants to ride this one, but ends up being about 1/2 inch too short. The rest of us ride and the ones who never rode before really like it. My nieces decide they want to head over to World Showcase for lunch. We have ADRs at 2:00 at LeCellier, so we want to stay. Erin is dying to ride the Orange team Mission Space. I go with her, and Dana takes Kyle to Innoventions. Mission Space doesn't have much of a line. It takes us maybe 10 minutes to get on. I survive the Orange side and we head over to meet Dana and Kyle. They are in the Plastics Factory. One of our goals of this trip was to go make the robots that you can take home. Of course it is a 3 part series. The first part is quite boring, a CM telling the kids all about plastics. The second part is fun. You build your own robot on a computer and then you have to run in place to make him/her move. The kids really had fun racing their robots. Then the final part is actually building your plastic robot. We all made robots. Mine is very colorful! We had a lot of fun building our robots. We then decided to catch Honey I Shrunk the Audience. This is another one of those once a trip things for me. I enjoy it, but the pre show is sooooo long. We see Figment out and of course hurry over to get our pics! I'm very excited because this was one of our goals this trip. It's time now to head over to LeCellier. We get there and they take us in right away. Seeing and smelling all that delicious food makes us very hungry. MMMMM. Kyle surprises me by ordering Duck Two Ways for an appetizer. He has never had duck in his life. Of course his main course is, a cheeseburger. He loves the duck and eats every bite of it. I'm shocked. I tried some and it was pretty good. Erin and I got the steak and Dana got something with steak and noodles. It was all very yummy. Definitely our favorite restaurant. Then we decided to check out O Canada. YIKES! That 360 movie theater is more than I can handle. I was really enjoying the movie, but I was getting dizzy with all those different screens. I come to find out I'm not the only one feeling queezy. Kyle sits on the floor and holds his head. Erin says it's making her sick. I look over and see an exit door and I felt bad about leaving during the show, but I couldn't take it. I survived Mission Space but this theater was killing me. After our group left, several other groups followed us and said it bothered them also. I wish it were just one screen, because I really would have enjoyed seeing the film. We all agreed that was very hard to take. We moved on to the rest of the countries. When we got to France, we were somewhat apprehensive about going to see Le Impressions De France. I asked the CM if there were seats in the theater. That was another problem at Canada, you had to stand. He assured me there were seats, so we decided to give it a try. It also has more than one screen but I think sitting helped us. I was able to close my eyes at parts that were bothering me. I'm still wishing there was only one screen. We continued on through each and every country. We took pictures, shopped, rode Maelstrom and the ride in Mexico. We were completely through the entire World Showcase and Future World by 7:30 p.m. We decided to get a table at the Cantina in Mexico along the lake. We had some sodas and split a combination plate, then had churros. It was the perfect spot for Illuminations. I asked a CM if it was ok to sit and wait there, and he said it was fine. We were pretty pooped from walking all day, so it was really nice to just sit by the lake and relax. Once Illuminations started, it was fabulous. Such a great view. It was awesome. After it ended, we headed out of the park, caught a bus and were back in our room at 9:54. Our housekeeping had taken all the stuffed animals in our room and arranged them in front of the t.v. with the remote sitting next to them and a kids channel on the television. It was very cute and was a great ending to a great day for us. Time for bed. Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom. Another busy, busy day!

iheartmickey
09-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Sounds like everyone had a fun day! I'm glad you all got to see Figment ... we hope to catch him too on our next trip!

Kids are so funny, they surprise us all the time ... I'm glad Kyle enjoyed the duck!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

faline
09-17-2007, 07:39 PM
It's so much fun when you arrive home after a long day, and find that the mousekeepers have been rearranging your room in such cute ways!

Bethis26fan
09-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Sounds like a great day.

tinkerbell04
09-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Sounds like a great day! Those circle theaters make me sick too! I thought I was the only one.:mickey: