PDA

View Full Version : opening Ceremony

butterfly18237
09-16-2007, 03:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone could give me information on the opening ceremonies in each park. I have a 4 year old son and would love to see it myself. Thanks in advanced.

LoriMistress
09-16-2007, 04:03 PM
MK: Be at the park before opening. CM pick out the "Family of the Day" (maximum group of 5), and help open the park. There is a small show that lasts probably about 5-10 minutes where the characters and other CM hop out of the train and does a dance, and shoots pixie dust into the air.

Epcot: Not too much of an opening, but the Holiday Bus filled with characters makes only a brief appearance, by wave to the crowds, and drives off so the characters can be at their spots.

MGM: There's not an opening show, the last time I was there (2003). If you're at the park before opening, they will pick out a family to "open the parks." DH and I have done this one while on our honeymoon. You basically wave people to enter the parks.

AK: I'm not sure if there is an opening act. I though they do have some characters come out and wave to the crowd, and the characters move to their spots.

butterfly18237
09-16-2007, 04:08 PM
thanks, for mk ceremony do you have to take the bus or can you use the tram and ferry boat option?

iheartmickey
09-16-2007, 04:17 PM
poeteclipse has a great video of the opening ceremony at the Studios in her trip report (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110728).

I know the AK has a fun opening ceremony too ... we were too far back to hear what was being said when we were there. We got there early too ... like 45 mins prior to opening! :( The characters come out in a safari type vehicle I think. I was so excited because it was our first time in the AK I was too busy looking around and watching DD's face! :mickey:

BronxTigger
09-16-2007, 04:40 PM
thanks, for mk ceremony do you have to take the bus or can you use the tram and ferry boat option?

Any of those. Disney transportation starts running an hour or two before park opening.

Figment!
09-16-2007, 05:15 PM
From Hidden Treasures & Surprises (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp)
Magic Kingdom Welcome
The Magic Kingdom welcomes guest with a cavalcade of Disney characters. This park opening ceremony is typically held daily, 12 minutes prior to park opening for that day. A randomly selected honoree family, Mickey & friends, and the Citizens of Main Street arrive on the Magic Kingdom railroad. From the Main Street railroad station, Mickey and his gang open the park with a burst of confetti and Pixie Dust.

The Adventure Begins
The Animal Kingdom welcomes guest with a safari of Disney characters. In addition to such characters as Mickey, Minnie and Rafiki a number of animal handlers give guests a close encounter of the critter kind. This park opening ceremony is typically held daily, 5 minutes prior to park opening for that day.