PDA

View Full Version : Need help for Poly stay in December

BrerKevin
09-16-2007, 12:54 PM
My DW & DD will be staying at the Poly for 5 nights in the first week in December. We have reserved a garden view room as that was the only one available. Can you please let me know which longhouse I should request? Thanks for your help! :donald:

SBETigg
09-16-2007, 02:13 PM
We enjoyed Rarotonga facing the quiet pool. It's located right next to Great Ceremonial House and is convenient to everything. But there are many good choices.

TexasPrincessAurora
09-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Tokelau was our favorite...centrally located so you didn't have a long walk to the GCH or the pool or the beach or the TTC for transport to EPCOT. And the quiet pool was right out the front door. I'd definitely check out Tikiman's homepage...he has anything and everything you could possibly need to know about the Poly and it's longhouses.

NLODisney
09-16-2007, 02:50 PM
We've always enjoyed having a room in Fiji. We have been on all three floors and have had views of the marinia and also of the lagoon facing GF. Fiji is really close to the GCH and also the volano pool and it is our favorite location unless we are staying in the concierge building.

KarenP
09-16-2007, 06:25 PM
I like Tokelau or Samoa.

LudwigVonDrake
09-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Tokelau was our favorite...centrally located so you didn't have a long walk to the GCH or the pool or the beach or the TTC for transport to EPCOT. And the quiet pool was right out the front door. I'd definitely check out Tikiman's homepage...he has anything and everything you could possibly need to know about the Poly and it's longhouses.

Tokelau was where I stayed in July. I had a garden view and was on the back side of the longhouse so I had a side view of the Contemporary.

Jen C.
09-16-2007, 10:54 PM
We recently returned from a lovely stay in Raratonga room 3813. We had a nice view of the quiet view, and could see Wishes from our balcony (over the trees). We found it's location very convenient.:)

DisneyorBust
09-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Another vote for the Tokelau Longhouse.
It is centrally located to both pools and the Great Ceremonial House.
May I suggest that you take a look under the resort tab here on Intercot, you may find another longhouse that you like better. I also second the previous post who recommended that you visit Tikiman's Polynesian resort site. It has ALL of the information that you will need to answer any Poly related questions.
Have a great vacation!

tikiman
09-17-2007, 02:16 PM
I agree that Tokelau would be my first choice for its location, the larger rooms and the balconies on all upper floors. Also it has the most garden view rooms with partial lagoon views and even a few that see the castle for a garden view price.

My second choice would be Samoa with Fiji and Rarotonga right behind that.

Aloha

Steve

KarenP
09-17-2007, 02:58 PM
I agree that Tokelau would be my first choice for its location, the larger rooms and the balconies on all upper floors. Also it has the most garden view rooms with partial lagoon views and even a few that see the castle for a garden view price.

My second choice would be Samoa with Fiji and Rarotonga right behind that.

Aloha

Steve

Hi Steve! :wave: Just wanted to say it is nice to "see" you!

Mom2princesses
09-17-2007, 10:10 PM
We enjoyed Rarotonga facing the quiet pool. It's located right next to Great Ceremonial House and is convenient to everything. But there are many good choices.

We also stayed in Rarotonga facing the quiet pool it was great. Just a very short accross the sidewalk walk to the GCH. The view was nice too here is a look outside our room. The first one was what we saw when we looked to the left (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/Disney%20August%202007%20Trip/IMG_0110.jpg)- The second one was looking straight out towards the quiet pool (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/Disney%20August%202007%20Trip/IMG_0109.jpg)

tikiman
09-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi Steve! :wave: Just wanted to say it is nice to "see" you!

Aloha Karen. Always good to hear from you :D

LucyLou
09-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Also not long back from a stay room 3818 in Rarotonga, could not fault either the view or the location. Close to the Neverland Club, just excellent for our 4 year old. It became her second home.

Mom2princesses
09-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Also not long back from a stay room 3818 in Rarotonga, could not fault either the view or the location. Close to the Neverland Club, just excellent for our 4 year old. It became her second home.
Hi LucyLou we stayed in room 3810! My 3 year old still asks to go back to "the hotel". I would love to go back too unfortunately I tell her that we need to save up some money first!

:rotfl:

BrerKevin
09-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Thank you all so much for responding to my question!! It was really helpful as we have never stayed at the Polynesian before. My wife and I are Disney Freaks and have been to many different hotels on the property but never this one. We are really looking forward to it! Especially since it will be our daughters first trip there.

Thanks again! :thanks: