PDA

View Full Version : Maleficent Costume Rumor?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-16-2007, 01:27 AM
Okay, I've been hearing about this incident that occured a while back that deals with Maleficent.

I keep hearing about this wonderful Maleficent costume that included a mask that had been designed by one of the original animators and willed to this women. It was stated in the will that she was the only one to have it and it could not be sold to Disney. When she passes away, it would be her duty to leave it to another.

The woman wore the costume to MNSSHP years ago and the real Maleficent saw her. Due to the fact that there can be only one Maleficent, the real Maleficent graciously stepped down and let the guest with the animator's costume take over for the parade.

So what I want to know is....is there any truth to this, and if so, does anyone have any pictures of this costume. I have seen Maleficent masks on sale on eBay. Please let me know as this rumor is very interesting and I would like some closure on it.

DizneyRox
09-16-2007, 06:54 AM
I think from a liability standpoint a "guest" would not be allowed to participate in a parade in the capacity that you suggest. I can see the lawyers going ballistic!

Sounds a little far fetched to me, but maybe...

Ian
09-16-2007, 09:11 AM
I checked Snopes for it and didn't find anything, but yeah this sounds a lot like a Disney legend to me.

There's a ton of stories like this that are passed around among CM's, but no one can really ever confirm or deny if they're true.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Well, I found this one site where someone claimed to be that person, but I didn't see anything to back it up. It might just be another legend though because none of the Entertainment friends I have know of it either. But then again, would the story be big enough to get onto Snopes?

Hmmmmm.......it did sound fishy to me as well, that's why I figured with all the lovers on here might have some insight.