PDA

View Full Version : where do i buy it?

crltkcagle
09-15-2007, 09:46 PM
ok i am very new to this. I just got back from disney about 3 hours ago and i am ready to go back. i am interested in buying a dvc but was told by a fellow intercoter to not buy it while in wdw. my question is do you have to buy it from them or is there somewhere cheaper to purchase it. any info and help is greatly appreciated.

DVC Mike
09-15-2007, 10:26 PM
The sponsor of the Intercot DVC Forum is The Timeshare Store. They are a great place to purchase DVC contracts that DVC members may be selling for various reasons (divorce, financial changes, switching home resorts, etc).

Depending on what state you are located in, DVC may or may not be able to sell to you unless you are at WDW.

While you were at WDW, you probably should have taken the tour, where the whole DVC concept is explained and you can see model rooms for SSR and AKV.

PrincessASquared
09-16-2007, 01:11 PM
My Family and I went to Disney in March and took the DVC tour. We were very impressed and contemplated buying while we were there. We are glad we waited to purchase. It was'nt until we got home that we found out about the re-sale market. If we would have purchased through Disney it would have cost $104.00/point. We bought a re-sale at SSR through The Timeshare Store and paid $83.00/point. The process through re-sale took a little longer,(aprox. nine weeks), but well worth it.
Good luck with your decision.

MarkC
09-16-2007, 10:34 PM
In response to the prior post, the only two states you can not buy from are Nebraska and Hawaii. I know because I'm a Nebraska resident. I called once and they wouldn't even talk to me about it. We were able to buy a resale through the Timeshare Store with no problems, so they must be licensed here. It was very easy as well.

If you are interested in buying DVC, talk to one of their reps and see how many points you may need, etc. Also consider where you will want to stay most often. That should be your first choice. Good luck!