PDA

View Full Version : Mini-golf questions

lmkoons
09-15-2007, 07:41 PM
We leave in 6 days now, and I keep thinking of all these last-minute questions! We're trying to fit Winter Summerland mini-golf into our busy schedule. The one day we'll be at Animal Kingdom until 5, then to Boma for dinner. I was thinking of going to WS right after dinner. Does anyone know how we would get there from AKL?

BronxTigger
09-15-2007, 08:06 PM
You may have to take a cab. Buses only run to Blizzard Beach for an hour after it's closing. So, even if you could convince a bus driver to drop you off there, you could be stranded there afterwards.

Would you consider going to Fantasia? It's next to the Dolphin so you could take their buses from any open park/DTD or the MGM bus and walk over there from MGM.

Tink#64
09-15-2007, 09:36 PM
We had planned to go to WS last year, but due to a late afternoon thunderstorm, we got a later start than we had intended. We knew that the busses would not be running to BB by the time we would have finished playing mini golf, so we went to FG instead. We went to MGM, rode the boat over to the Swan, walked across the resort property across the street to FG & did the same in reverse, no problem. I had printed out the transportation info from Info central & taken it with us. Boy was I glad I did!
:rocks:

We really enjoyed FG, the themeing was great. It was myself, DH & DS's then 8 & 10. We had a blast!I'd still like to try WS, but I would highly recommend FG!
:golf:

lmkoons
09-16-2007, 08:58 AM
I had actually prefered going to Fantasia, but thought Winter Summerland would be more convenient to get to. I guess I was wrong! :blush:

We'll actually have a rental car during one of the days we're down there (we're driving to Daytona Beach). And we plan to go to Beaches and Cream when we get back that evening. I saw that YBC is actually within walking distance from Fantasia, so that would work out perfectly! :mickey: So, one more question....will we be able to park at Yacht & Beach Club, even though we're staying at Pop?

BronxTigger
09-16-2007, 09:58 AM
I had actually prefered going to Fantasia, but thought Winter Summerland would be more convenient to get to. I guess I was wrong! :blush:

We'll actually have a rental car during one of the days we're down there (we're driving to Daytona Beach). And we plan to go to Beaches and Cream when we get back that evening. I saw that YBC is actually within walking distance from Fantasia, so that would work out perfectly! :mickey: So, one more question....will we be able to park at Yacht & Beach Club, even though we're staying at Pop?

That's what Intercot is here for...asking questions and getting answers!

Because you are going to dinner at the Beach Club, you have a reason to be there. Tell the person at the gate that you are going there to eat. They will probably give you 3 hours, which is what I've heard from other people who have parked at resorts for meals. It may not be enough time for mini-golfing. If it's not, you could move the car to the Swan/Dolphin after dinner. Disney's concern is that people will use the free hotel lots to avoid the pay park lots, and Epcot is right next to the Beach Club.

lmkoons
09-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Awesome! Thanks for all your help! :balloon: