PDA

View Full Version : WDW Rated & Reviewed - The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm

Red Randal
09-15-2007, 03:08 PM
The Barnstormer at Goofy’s Wiseacre Farm

Intro: I was all ready to post a review of a certain Disney MGM Studios roller coaster as the long awaited next installment in my Disney World roller coaster countdown when I realized I forgot one! The Magic Kingdom’s often overlooked 3rd roller coaster: Toontown’s “Barnstormer at Goofy’s Wiseacre Farm!”

Queue: We make our way through Goofy’s cornfield and barn before making our way up some stairs to the launching pad (not to be confused with the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland, where frozen Cokes and turkey legs can be had) where Goofy’s crop duster takes off.

Ride: We head up a small lift and then down a curved hill. The plane (the trains are themed to look like bi-planes and are actually pretty neat looking) then goes into a few twists before “crashing” through Goofy’s barn and then helixing back into the station.

Less than 30 seconds after reaching the top of the hill, it’s over.

Thoughts: Well…that was easy. The Barnstormer is a kiddie roller coaster, plain and simple. There is no reason to go anywhere near it unless you’re with kids. That having been said, it’s a nice way to give little ones their first taste of a roller coaster until they build up the courage (or height) for Big Thunder Mountain.

Overall Rating: * ¾

BronxTigger
09-15-2007, 03:46 PM
I feel the same way about Barnstormer. It's a great first coaster...kid's seem to LOVE it.

TexasPrincessAurora
09-15-2007, 05:33 PM
We took DS on it when we went to WDW for his 2nd birthday. He LOVED it, yelling "whee! whee!" all the way through. We rode it during MVMCP and there was no line so they let us stay on and ride twice in a row. DS was ready to go for a 3rd time but DH, who is not a thrill ride person, had to get off. It's a great first thrill ride though...they even gave DS a little certificate for his first coaster ride.

Jared
09-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Kids need to start somewhere. Nobody would mistake the Barnstormer for a true thrill ride, but children love it.

wedway76
09-15-2007, 09:11 PM
It is a great kids coaster. By far it is the best kids coaster I've ever been on. All coasters seem to be for very little kids (too small for adults to ride along) or for adults (or ar least teen and up). This one falls somewhere in between. This is a great coaster for little ones to ride with mom or dad, or for slightly older kids to ride alone.

In my opinion, none of the choices above fit.

Kurtoon
09-16-2007, 06:56 AM
I do not believe you can rate the Barnstormer as you would another roller coaster or attraction.
It's like trying to compare DL to WDW, not good form, it's best not to.
OK
The Barnstormer is a "kiddie" ride but I like it too. The theme is well presented and thorough. I enjoy hearing goofy sing the solo pilot blues.
The last time I rode it with my little girl, the car left the station and started to climb the track incline. Clack, clack, clack. The excitement builds as we get closer to the top.
She is all smiles and giggles and screams "Hold on to your feet!"
That is now a family catchphrase.
So I will ride the Barnstormer with her until she grows up and no longer wants to.
I will always be able to yell "Hold on to your feet!"

much mouse

vamaggie
09-16-2007, 07:29 AM
I LOVE the barnstormer!! I gave it 5 *'s--as long as you take it for what it is--which is not EE or RNRRC. Sure it is a kids coaster but it is a GREAT kids coaster, and one that adults can enjoy too (again if you take it for what it is). My son rode it (his first coaster) in 01 when he was 4. He has been talking it up to his younger sis for our Nov trip (when she will be 4) and can't want to take her on it. Saying it is just ok is not fair or giving it it's place in the rollar coaster hierarchy. It's like saying It's a Small World is not good because it is not as good a "flume" (ie boat in water) ride as Splash. Comparing apples & oranges. If you take Goofy's Barnstormer as it was intended--as a really well themed, first experience for many (or one for the less RC inclined), fast RC--how can you NOT love it?!?!?!?!

mermaidmarian
09-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Gee... I think your thumbs down and low rating are really unfair to Barnstormer - who would ever compare it side by side with the other true coasters at WDW or have an expectation that it could be comparable? Just looking at it and thinking about its placement in the park should be enough to clue the uninformed in.

I think it is a terrific first coaster for kids and as a parent riding with my small people, I enjoyed it too. It has great theming and atmosphere and just enough "weeeeeeeee!" to leave them wanting more and ready to try something bigger.

iluvdumbo
09-16-2007, 05:53 PM
when i was little, barnstormer was my favorite roller coaster. (and still is:yay:) after little kids think barnstormer isn't that fun any more, they move on to big thunder which is really fun! :coaster: