PDA

View Full Version : DVC Construction at Grand Californian

BklynChick
09-14-2007, 10:14 PM
I've heard this is already underway even though it won't officially be announced until next week....should I be concerned about construction noise?

NotaGeek
09-14-2007, 10:34 PM
I've heard this is already underway even though it won't officially be announced until next week....should I be concerned about construction noise?

Are you a light sleeper?

Until there's an announcement I wouldn't worry. And, even then, the Guest Experience is SO important to the Disney Corporation I wouldn't expect construction to be going on during sleeping hours. I would just call and ask to make sure your room is no where near the construction, the hotel is HUGE and they should be able to accomodate your wishes! :mickey:

BrerGnat
09-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Oh man, I HOPE not! We'll be there in a little over a month and I am a VERY light sleeper, and we will have a 1 year old and 3 year old who are also light sleepers. I'm worried enough about how well everyone is going to sleep without the possibility of construction noise. It's not just at night that I'm concerned about either. My youngest still takes a very long afternoon nap.

We have a courtyard concierge room reserved, though, so I sort of doubt that there would be any construction taking place outside of those rooms.

I am going to scope it out next time I am there. I'll walk around the grounds a bit and see if I can see any evidence of construction and where it is.

Mufasa
09-16-2007, 01:56 AM
Until there's an announcement I wouldn't worry. And, even then, the Guest Experience is SO important to the Disney Corporation I wouldn't expect construction to be going on during sleeping hours. I would just call and ask to make sure your room is no where near the construction, the hotel is HUGE and they should be able to accomodate your wishes! :mickey:

Expect an official announcement/press conference with details about the DVC introduction to the Disneyland resort and the Grand Californian on Tuesday the 18th :)

NotaGeek
09-16-2007, 02:02 AM
Expect an official announcement/press conference with details about the DVC introduction to the Disneyland resort and the Grand Californian on Tuesday the 18th :)

Thanks Mufasa! :mickey: