PDA

View Full Version : What's with the three-part character names?

cheshirecollector
09-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Has anyone made a new character lately? It seems like nine out of ten names I'm seeing lately are like LittleDragonErin's name - three word names. Is that some sort of new rule for naming your character? Or is it just a suggested example from VMK, like the "Avast" trend?

WDWfanatic742
09-14-2007, 09:00 PM
There have been almost 7 million characters made last time I checked. I can imagine some of what you would want is already taken.

cheshirecollector
09-14-2007, 09:05 PM
True, but the names seem to follow a pattern, with color names and all three words capitalized. (I know there were names like that before, but suddenly there are more of them than any other type.) They all look too similar to be a coincidence - like they were randomly generated by the same program. And all of the ones I've checked seem to be new characters. Just curious.

LittleDragonErin
09-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Yes, the new "suggested" names that are preapproved are all 3 word combos, like CoolOrangeGirl or something like that. I think there's a number of words approved for names and they randomly throw a combination of 3 together. Also if you try a word, like say "Reflex" they will say it's taken and give you suggestions like ReflexReflex or AvastReflexAce.

Speaking of new characters btw, did you know that if your character has been deleted, if you try to log back on and create a new character you will have the 200 credits you start with ALONG WITH whatever credits you left with? And if your character was originally a "born in park" character, you will start with the same stuff (like all the rooms, mickey ears, turnstile, and pin) and still be born in park.

chrisb26
09-15-2007, 01:07 AM
Speaking of new characters btw, did you know that if your character has been deleted, if you try to log back on and create a new character you will have the 200 credits you start with ALONG WITH whatever credits you left with? And if your character was originally a "born in park" character, you will start with the same stuff (like all the rooms, mickey ears, turnstile, and pin) and still be born in park.

Wow I didn't know that that is very intresting. Thanks for letting me know that. Not that I plan on getting deleted but good to know none the less :D

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Not that I plan on getting deleted but good to know none the less :D

Some of us can only hope Dino ;)

Blue Genie
09-16-2007, 03:22 PM
When I first became a VMK memeber I wanted to be call was BlueGenie but it wouldn't let me. It gave me names like AceBlueGenie or BlueBlueGenie like that so what I did I just change the frist part to the last. Which is what u see now. BlueGenieAce